Spacers This Morning

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

acd

Spacers This Morning

#1 Post by acd »

I got spacers this morning and am scheduled to get my upper braces next Wednesday morning. So far they don't really hurt although the ones on the right side are letting me know they are there. I have found this site to be extremely informative and your stories just what I needed to push me into going ahead with braces (maybe if this forum existed in the early 80's I would have gotten them when I was a teenager!). My oldest son got braces in March and seeing his amazing progress was what sparked me looking into them for myself. I've got a crossbite with one of my upper laterals so far behind my other teeth it looks like I'm missing a tooth while my lowers are pretty crowded. The plan is braces on the top for the first six months with bite turbos to open up my deep bite and then adding the lowers with a total treatment time of 22-28 months. My ortho says no extractions will be required. I'm ok with the idea of braces (I'm getting Mystiques on top and metal Inovations on the bottom) but I'm a little concerned about the bite turbos, specifically how am I supposed to eat with my teeth not able to touch. I suppose I'll find out how soon enough.

science teacher

spacers

#2 Post by science teacher »

Ahhh... Spacers.

I've had spacers. I will be getting an RPE on 11/8. I'll be back in spacers 11/1.

Welcome to this site! I'm sure you will love your new look.

Kim

bip

#3 Post by bip »

Ahhhh.... spacers indeed. I get mine out tomorrow and have been counting down the hours since they went in! I will have had them for a week total and my teeth are extremely crowded so that could be why but i have not eaten anything harder than a saltine cracker all week (and that's just because those end up melting in your mouth). I have a high pain tolerance but with these things i have admitted to becoming a complete woose! Anyway, I guess it is different for everyone! But, i agree with you on the website in the 80's thing - I would have perhaps made different decisions too! Plus, I don't remember being able to get all those cool different colored ligs when we were kids! :o