1st Adjustment.....

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

newmetal

1st Adjustment.....

#1 Post by newmetal »

What shall i expect?.....

Jillianleab

#2 Post by Jillianleab »

As KK said, everyone has different experiences with their adjustments. For me, I got a new wire on the top, and two teeth on the bottom got brackets (they were too twisted to get them when I got braced). You should expect anything from a lig change to new wires on top and bottom.

Good luck!
~jlb~

Braced 5/19/06 - Full Metal Mouth!
Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

See my braces story with lots of pics here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 2806#92806

lionfish

#3 Post by lionfish »

Like the others have said, expect anything and everything!

My ortho usually gives me some idea as to what will happen at the next adjustment. Sometimes it happens as planned, other times it does not. Everything depends on the way your teeth have moved as to what the next step may be.

MrKadash

#4 Post by MrKadash »

Newmetal,

I had my first adjustment today, and everything was smooth as silk. I have ceramics top and bottom, and today my ortho looked over my mouth to see how the first 8 weeks went, and told the tech what he wanted done. I had both upper and lower archwires replaced, and at my request, went with ceramic clips instead of ligatures to hold the wire in place. I like them much better and I was told they don't stain. At my third adjustment in December, I will be getting separators for my back molars, then those same molars banded a week or so after that.

Best of luck!