Expander coming off early :) !!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

laina

Expander coming off early :) !!!

#1 Post by laina »

Got a call from my ortho office today. Said they have an opening on friday. So, I'll be getting my expander out on the 27th (hopefully, if all goes as expected) instead of the 31st. I know it's only a few days difference, but I can't wait to have my expander out. It's going to be so much easier to eat, and especially talk. Hoping my lisp will decrease once it's out. Wish me luck, I'll keep everyone posted.

newmetal

#2 Post by newmetal »

Congrats! You must be pleased!

Cool Cool

Newmetal

summergirl

#3 Post by summergirl »

liania ,i to am over thrilled I got my expander off 2 weeks early .It has only been on just about 1 YEAR .It was horriable I was soooooo depressed I couldn't even come to this site.I just hated it soooooooooo much I could not talk saying (thank you ,east ,meet ,meat,eat ,great meatball) was so hard people would look like there was something wrong with me ,that is how I felt anyhow.The ortho made my day on OCT 31, when he said it was coming out for good .I got to the point where I just tried to ignore it.I think that helped a bit.Yes the people here are GREAT.Anyhow teeth are moving fast sooo hoping braces will be off early .Braces are a piece of cake compared to the expander .

Summergirl