Dating an ortho's assistant

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Traffic

Dating an ortho's assistant

#1 Post by Traffic »

Is this the stupidest thing in the world to do or what?

One of my ortho's assistant's is really cute. She's always making fun of me when I'm there and I give it back to her pretty good. It's gotten to the point that the other assistants have described her as my "fan club". I'll be getting my braces off in about 1 month and I'll be disappointed if I don't get to see her after that.

Of course, it would be unprofessional for her to date a patient. Also, if things didn't work out, she could do some serious damage to me with those tools. :shock:

I just don't know.

So what do you think?

Lisa65

#2 Post by Lisa65 »

Well why not?

Caroline

#3 Post by Caroline »

I say go for it! You never know...
Ceramics
Top braced January 7, 2005
Bottom braced February 4, 2005
Tops off July 10, 2006!!!
Bottoms off August 15, 2006!!!

Iccle_Peanut

#4 Post by Iccle_Peanut »

Go for it!!!! Good luck :D
23rd June - First Consultation at ortho
24 July - Second Consultation - Decide on top braces
29 August - Decide on top and bottom braces.
Tops go on 26th Sept and bottoms 2-3 months after

Jillianleab

#5 Post by Jillianleab »

Go for it, the worst she can say is no!
~jlb~

Braced 5/19/06 - Full Metal Mouth!
Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

See my braces story with lots of pics here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 2806#92806

newmetal

#6 Post by newmetal »

I dont know why, but i hate having my teeth looked at by pretty dental assistants. I dont know what it is, maybe some deep rooted insecurity but opening my mouth for an attractive girl to root around in unsettles me.

Newmetal

spideywoman

#7 Post by spideywoman »

:?:

Hmmmmmmm,

A dental assistant, who wears invisalign?

I wonder if she reads these posts?

:?

It IS pretty popular...

:shock:

bbsadmin

#8 Post by bbsadmin »

I have a female friend used to be a dental assistant in a regular dentist's office.

One of her male patients was always very friendly and they got along great. Finally one day he mustered up the courage to ask her out.

They have been married 15 years and have 3 kids!

So...I say go for it!
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

Gennel

#9 Post by Gennel »

awww ! admin that was a cute story!

I think you should go for it! You are at the end of your treatment .

Gennel

Joual

#10 Post by Joual »

Traffic, you should ask her out! Good luck!

jenfire

#11 Post by jenfire »

Go for it! :D
Ceramic Braces and RPE, estimated treatment 18 months

rexthedestroyer

#12 Post by rexthedestroyer »

My friend who has pretty bad teeth went to get a consultation at a dental office. The recpetionist is very attractive and he asked her for her phone number. She was real eager to give it to him even with his bad teeth.

I say go for it, she probably is real shy and wants you to make the first move. Actually she is probably annoyed that you have not asked her out yet. Don't hurt this girl any longer be a man ask her out.

I have had my braces on for three months now and I totally forget that I have them on most times. One of my biggest concerns was having braces at 28, I am male. I go out with girls all the time and have yet to have a problem.

spideywoman

#13 Post by spideywoman »

Hey Traffic,

What was the result?

Did you go for it?

We are waiting for your news...

Traffic

#14 Post by Traffic »

So I went back today. I only saw her for a second, in that second she told me she wish I didn't show up (with a grin), then she went to help another patient. That was the last time I saw her because she left right afterwards.

Not willing to let things go I talked to the receptionist as she was leaving (I'm always the last appointment on Friday.) She seemed excited that I asked and at first said that she was single, and then said that she is actually seeing someone but he's moving to Florida. I asked the receptionist if she'd help me out and she said definitely and she would call me next week and let me know what's up.

I'm not going to get my hopes up but it's a step in the right direction.

On top of that I'm getting my braces taken off next Friday. My ortho was pretty excited because it's been about 19 months and everything has fallen into place very well.

So now I'll just wait and see what happens.

Thanks for all the input, I'll let you know how things go. :D

broochie

#15 Post by broochie »

Great news, Traffic!

Maybe in a few weeks/months, we'll hear that your date with her turned out just like Lynn's friend's story...
Wish you the best ! :-)o