IPR info...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Delag

IPR info...

#1 Post by Delag »

Just found this and thought I would pass it along.
http://www.braces.org/healthcareprofess ... web-sm.pdf

turrrtlelove22

#2 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

Yea that is prettty dern neat. I am hoping that i get the ridges on the biting edge of all my incisors filed down. I don't get why they grow in that way any how. Does everyone usually get this done? The shaping and or the IPR? My one friend...I don't know if her "dog teeth" or cuspids are like that naturally or if they were filed down like that whn she got her teeth shaped. But after her braces came off...her dog teeth looked really long, almost vampirish...I don't want mine to turn out that way... :shock:
LiFe iS A HoOt iF You arE aN oWL...O.o

Sept. 28 ~ Consult with Orthodontist
Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

Buttoneyz

#3 Post by Buttoneyz »

That is so cool! I'll need to ask my Ortho about this as it might help with my crowding issues. When I'm done I would like the tops smoothed out to make them even and get rid of the ridges and chips. I'm only 3 weeks in so ...Thanks so much for sharing that info!

Joual

#4 Post by Joual »

Ohhhh it's called IPR! 2 orthos suggested filing the sides of my teeth. I didn't know the name for it. Thank you so much for that link Delag! :D

simplywired

#5 Post by simplywired »

Something that's been on my mind lately - thanks alot for the post :D

simplywired

#6 Post by simplywired »

Something that's been on my mind lately - thanks alot for the link :D