morgan bumper?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ishasha

morgan bumper?

#1 Post by ishasha »

I must make clear of this: I'm not advertizing. I read about this morgan bumper last week from archwired.com. My order of the morgan bumper just arrived today and I quickly put it on. After about ten minutes, I felt pretty comfortable in it. I'd prefer it over wax because wax is harder to manage than this.

My question is: Are there anyone else who is using this? Does it affect the braces? Although it's pretty soft, I'm not sure if it brings extra force to the teeth. I'll have to ask my ortho next time but I wonder if anybody has consulted his/her ortho already about this thing?

Thanks.
Uppers braced on 10/24/2006
Lowers braced on 6/25/2007

NotBob1

#2 Post by NotBob1 »

I use one on my top row to sleep. It gives my gums a rest. At first I wore one top and bottom 24 hrs. until I got used to all of the new hardware.

I ended up cutting out little pieces for the elastic hooks at night. Warming them under the faucet makes them esay to put on.....My ortho says they are fine and do not affect movement, however, you should ask yours too.
Pat
Class III tendency, crossbite 10-23
Maxillary horizontal & 2mm deficiency for upper teeth
GAC In-Ovation R, metal. Now with upper & lower Hawleys 24 hrs.

HeadgearJoe

#3 Post by HeadgearJoe »

hi , i think they work well , i did have to cut away for hooks for my elastics , an when i'm in my headgear i don't need them for the top anyway
braces off 1/31/08 wearing bonded retainers with a nightsplint, will get removable hawleys 2/21/08

Lisa65

#4 Post by Lisa65 »

I have got one but when I first got it my archwire was still pretty crooked and I couldn't get the bumper to stay on. I haven't really tried it since.

ishasha

#5 Post by ishasha »

That's good to hear.

It does not fit every bracket on me either. But over all it provides a smooth surface. My mouth skin is getting more and more sensitive to those metals I don't know why. So this bumper really helps. I will double check with my ortho at next appointment. Thanks again.
Uppers braced on 10/24/2006
Lowers braced on 6/25/2007

NotBob1

#6 Post by NotBob1 »

I meant to say my lips, not gums!!! (It was late.....) Warming it up a bit under water really makes it go on easier when the arch is not yet lined up. I remember suggesting this to a person in AK after she ordered some from Lynn's site and said they they hurt to put them on. The warm water trick, she said, worked great. I think they are a great thing. I just don't know if wearing them 24 hrs. is a good idea as likely debris, etc. can get trapped in them.

I also use a "Retainer Brite" type of cleaner to clean both those and my night guard.
Pat

bbsadmin

#7 Post by bbsadmin »

The Morgan Bumpers are a good alternative to wax.

I sell similar devices on DentaKit.com called Comfort Covers (and soon I will be adding another product specifically for larger ceramic brackets). The reason I don't sell Morgan Bumpers is that a lot of people have told me that they don't stay on very well. That was also my experience when I had braces and tried them. But everyone is different. If they work for you, then that is great! Obviously they work for some people, or they wouldn't continue to sell them!

The Morgan Bumper company has its own website where you can buy them.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

NotBob1

#8 Post by NotBob1 »

It was the comfort covers that I bought. For me, they work great!
Pat