Braces off early? (treatment unfinished) :(

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

thisismethen

Braces off early? (treatment unfinished) :(

#1 Post by thisismethen »

I have had a previous post about not being able to have my braces in the police academy. By the time the academy starts, I will only be 5-6 months in of a 18 month sentance. I am up for my 1st adjustment on Tuesday after 8 weeks. I am sure it is a good idea to give my Ortho a heads up on this, that I may be having to remove them early. Has anyone had a similar situation in regards to having braces removed very early for a special situation? Do you think if I mention this to the Ortho there is anyway he can do anything to accelerate movement?

Take a look ay my pics, you can tell I have a long way to go. Take note on how big my extraction gaps are and my caninne is no where near out of the way yet, not to mention the over bite. I know it is a long process and I am only 2 months in but just the thought of now having to take them off, I am so disappointed...

Before:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v244/ ... G00013.jpg

Now:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v244/ ... G00061.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v244/ ... G00062.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v244/ ... G00063.jpg

M1k3y

#2 Post by M1k3y »

Well this is just bad timing. Hopefully you'll figure something out to make both your career and orthodontal goals.
Braced 5-27-06 - 18 months with braces
Case 1 - minor crookedness
Envision Composite Brackets
M1k3y's introduction with photos
M1k3y's journey with photos

Debranded 3-20-08

thisismethen

#3 Post by thisismethen »

Thanks for your replies...
...but yea, there is NO way I am going to postpone my career for braces that I can just continue when I am done. Just a lil frustrating and yes BAD timing.

eooo

#4 Post by eooo »

hey thisismethen, any news yet from the Orth??

what kind of problems he said if you remove your brace earlier???

will your teeth be unstable and move around??

because there might be chances that I might have to remove my brace earlier as well.. probably not as ealier as you.

thisismethen

#5 Post by thisismethen »

I have my adjustment tomorrow, so I will update you on what he says/suggests...

thisismethen

#6 Post by thisismethen »

I just got back from the Ortho and my first adjustment! :)

I must say it did hurt a lil. But I am excited to add another piece to my hardware...a SPRING! If you look at my pictures above, its located between right where the tooth is hiding. From what I have read on the site, springs get the job done! I cant wait to get that cannine out of the way!

In reference to taking my braces off early. My Ortho says yes he can get retainers but they will be in such an awkward position that most likely my teeth will move back to those positions :(

Oh well, I will keep u all updated, thanks for the support!

Natalie

#7 Post by Natalie »

i am absoultely baffled. why can you not wear braces to go to police academy? i live in the uk and work or the police (although as a civilian) and as far as i am aware we do not have this rule! i can't understand why any employer would not want your dental health to be as good as possible! hmmm. strange.