What will i have? (please read) *pic inc*

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

EazyE

What will i have? (please read) *pic inc*

#1 Post by EazyE »

Hi,
I'm new, and i have 2 teeth that are out of line.
One of those teeth is one of those big ones you have at the back of your mouth, which i know is going to be taken out.
But the other one, is that type of tooth which you have on the left and right of those 2 huge teeth in the middle of your upper line of teeth.
Now the one out of shape is on the left (if you are looking at me) of the two huge teeth, and its sticking out by about half a CM. All the rest of my teeth are fine.
So my question is, what kind of brace will i have to pull that one single tooh in line?
I have an appointment booked in a couple of weeks, but its so heavily booked that i probably wont get the brace until Feb next year.
So what kind of brace will i have, and could i have one of those clear braces which are hard to notice?

Please reply ASAP!
Thanks.

P.s. I added a pic:

Image[/url]

EazyE

#2 Post by EazyE »

Meryaten wrote:Even though you're only concerned about a single tooth, it still usually means full braces. I don't believe the type would be important - metal or ceramic, lingual (behind the teeth) or labial ("normal" braces). I have no idea if you'd be a candidate for Invisalign - definitely ask :) (But also make sure you understand, if you are suited, whether there are any issues that might make treatment with that kind of device less predictable)

Is that your normal, relaxed, natural bite in the pic? It looks like your top front teeth actually close down behind the bottoms? That's something an ortho would want to address. And (to my untrained eye) I'd also say it's possible your arches are narrow. Your right upper canine (the third tooth from the middle) looks like it sits back behind the line of teh rest of the arch.

Anyway, all of this, and anything else will be evaluated by your ortho, and (s)he'll be able to advise on the best possible course(s) of treatment.

Good luck with it!
Oh, no its not my relaxed state. My top teeth sit infront of my bottom teeth just fine, i just had that position so its more clear to see.
Yea the tooth next to the one sticking out does go inwards, how can the brace pull one tooth in and push the other tooth out?
Can anyone have those less noticeable braces rather than the metal ones?

EazyE

#3 Post by EazyE »

Thanks for the replies.
One last question, what is the fastest and best method to get teeth whitening?
My mum said you can get a tooth bleach operation at the dentist for £250, is that true? I mean for proper bright white teeth?
Please reply.

EazyE

#4 Post by EazyE »

BUMP!

Rickysa

#5 Post by Rickysa »

It largely depends on $ and time....you can bleach at home using a "bleaching tray" over a period of weeks, or you can do a one shot, one appointment, deal with your dentist.

Both yeild similar results, one is just faster (and more expensive)

Dr. S