my first adjustment

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

windsbud

my first adjustment

#1 Post by windsbud »

I am on my way to my first adjustment! I have had brackets on the top and a bite plate on the bottom for 3 weeks now and I cant believe the movement already! Even people I work with have noticed. The first week was a bit rough. The bite plate is the worst part, it was really annoying the underneath of my tongue. I have only removed it 2 or 3 times other than for eating. My job has me on the phone quite a bit and sometimes I need to have a clear conversation with a customer! Well, I will report back later. Just a reminder since I have only posted 2 or 3 times, I am 50 and this is my present to myself this year!

kay

#2 Post by kay »

Hi Windsbud!

What a wonderful present to give to yourself! Your progress has been great and only in 3 weeks! I've had my braces in for nearly 2 days now, hope mine move as quickly as yours do! Really happy for you! :)

ghostmyimag3

#3 Post by ghostmyimag3 »

Yeah let us know how it goes, im kinda not sure on what to expect, i have to go back on December 20th for my first adjustment.
Kay it looks like you and i have the same taste in a ticker ha ha. Funny how that happens. Are you doing ok getting adjusted to your hardware?
Metal braces on Uppers and lowers-November 8, 2006