Day 4 and getting EASIER

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sultanatoman

Day 4 and getting EASIER

#1 Post by sultanatoman »

Yesterday while brushing my teeth :-} , I think I got a little over enthusiastic and out popped my arched wire. :yikes: Immediately after hearing the 'ping', I looked at myself with a wide opened jaw and toothpaste foam gooping out of my mouth and just started to laugh.

Since shops / dr.'s offices close here from 1:00-4:30 and it popped out right at 1:00, that meant I had no choice to have one side of the wire out of the brackets. No problem - I didn't talk or eat until it was time to book to the ortho's office. :soremouth:

The great thing about living in a small country is not having to hassle with appointments. I didn't even call my ortho - just decided to show up unannounced to 'test' how he deals with situations like mine. Before I could open my mouth and tell him the problem, he immediately looked at me with a grin and told me to have a seat in the chair. I kid you not, +\+ thirty seconds later, my wire was put back in place and new ligaments were put on two of the brackets. MY ORTHO ROCKS! :-**

I still have achiness especially when eating, but nothing as intense as the first day. I've made it this whole day without taking any ibuprofen/tylenol so things are definitely getting easier. I stopped trying to be such a warrior and have resorted to softer foods. Yesterday, I watched Rachel Ray and she made burgers w/foccacia (sp?) buns. Made me sad because I would kill for a chewy bun or bagel right now. Took one of my kiddos to McD's today, tried to eat some fries and....couldn't. :-(( My sweet kiddo said, "Don't worry, mama, I'll mush them for you!"

I still use wax on four brackets, but am experimenting not using it. When I start to feel it rub, I immediately slap some wax on. I can't wait to get to a point where I don't need it because it really is a hassle to take it off, brush my teeth, then put it all back on again. Soooo, for those of you that are further into the ballgame, how long did you have to use wax in the beginning?

onny

#2 Post by onny »

I used it just the first 3 days. Its day 5 now. The wax is nearly empty now anyway, just had a very small box of wax.

Btw how did you pop out you wire? Just while brushing? The whole wire or just wire from one bracket? Cant believe all ligatures and the full wire popped out? What kind of brush do you use then? :P
I don't brush very soft either, with my electronic brush, as before just double the time and I never felt a pressure on the wire, so didn't assume it can pop out, but better explain that in detail so I can prevent it popping out with doing something wrong.
Sep03/2007 6th adjustment.
Nov08/2006 was B-day!
36 month top and bottom metal. All 8 molars banded now. Bioprogressive technic and HG some day.
My Braces Journey Blog.

onny

#3 Post by onny »

Hello KK,

fortionatly i never brush that hard that I would damaged my teeth or my gums ;)
On the brushing teaching lessons at my ortho, she explained that in deep detail again and was happy I'm already doing it quite right.I gently go over the gums and teeth, and just rub harder on the bite surfaces of the molar. I even got shown some pictures of cases where people brushed so hard on their teeth, that 1 mm of the whole front surface vanished over time. That looked scary.

Oh wire pop out at the band you meant, OK, that I got explained from the ortho too, that it may happen and how it happens and how I can prevent it. Should it be happen anyway, I have a small support wire housing on the bands, where I can snap the wire in, so it doesn't poke my gum and doesn't require an emergency appointment ;)
Sep03/2007 6th adjustment.
Nov08/2006 was B-day!
36 month top and bottom metal. All 8 molars banded now. Bioprogressive technic and HG some day.
My Braces Journey Blog.