Update after 13 months w/pics

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

gracie381

Update after 13 months w/pics

#1 Post by gracie381 »

Hey everyone! I'm back even though it's been a little while. I haven't noticed any really big changes in my teeth these past 2 months or so, that's why i haven't posted any new pics, but my trouble tooth on the bottom is finally making some progress, so i thought i'd post a couple and maybe after my next visit I can post some more! Hope everyone is doing well and for all you newbies out there, just remember it is all worth it, i promise!!

At the Beginning

After 2 Months

After 7 months

AND NOW!!
TEETH IN THE BEGINNING (OCT. '05)
TEETH NOW (Oct. 28, 2007)
Braced (uppers & lowers): 2 Years
Retainer Check: 1-18-08

turrrtlelove22

#2 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

awesome progress!!! gracie381...
LiFe iS A HoOt iF You arE aN oWL...O.o

Sept. 28 ~ Consult with Orthodontist
Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

lionfish

#3 Post by lionfish »

Very nice!

Gennel

#4 Post by Gennel »

very impressive progress pictures! You must be very pleased with how they are looking!

Gennel

Lisa65

#5 Post by Lisa65 »

They look lovely Gracie, you must be really pleased with your progress. :D

vivi21

#6 Post by vivi21 »

wow :!: congrats they look great :D

smile2006

#7 Post by smile2006 »

Hey There- Your pictures show so much movement! Wow! I have a question. It looks like you might have a thread-like tie on the lower tooth that was really crooked. Is that the case? I had a gap that wasn't closing between two lower teeth and the ortho tied the two brackets with some-type of thread like tie. He gave that tie a yank in the office and the gap was gone instantly. It hurt like the devil for an instant but the gap was gone like that. I hadn't heard of such a thing but he said the roots woould follow. (sorry if I am seeing something in your picture that is really not there....your teeth still look great)!

smile2006

#8 Post by smile2006 »

On second look, it looks like a partial power chain....sorry!

*boom!*

#9 Post by *boom!* »

Beautiful!

dymond25

wow

#10 Post by dymond25 »

You progress is incredible; you have definently made me aware of how important it is to take photos. I am one of those that sometimes have to see it to believe it and photos don't lie.

jennielee81

#11 Post by jennielee81 »

Hey, that looks GREAT!!! Nice movement!!
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

gracie381

#12 Post by gracie381 »

Thanks everyone for all your feedback, and yes smile2006 it is a partial power chain, all though I did have that tooth tied in last adjustment and it's still tied on one side with wire, and oh boy did it hurt when he tightened that thing, but afterwards it was okay. I at least have 1 year under my belt, and 1 more to go. Here's hoping for getting them off early, but the ortho says it will probably be Oct., which would be right at 2 years! I'm really loving my progress. I hope to ask my ortho for some of my teeth pics from the very beginning so I will have a larger image. I saved my small and didn't save a copy. Anyway, i've enjoyed taking pictures month to month and seeing all the progress. I do skip a couple of months here and there, when I really don't see that much movement. Again, thanks everyone for all your support and encouragement. I couldn't have gone through this without you guys!!
TEETH IN THE BEGINNING (OCT. '05)
TEETH NOW (Oct. 28, 2007)
Braced (uppers & lowers): 2 Years
Retainer Check: 1-18-08

Emerald

#13 Post by Emerald »

Wow

Thats really impressive! :)

principessa

#14 Post by principessa »

Wow gracie - your teeth look absolutely FANTASTIC!!!!!! You must be so pleased. I am only 5 months into my brace journey but if my teeth look as half as good as yours I'll be ecstatic!!!!
P xx