newly braced with Damon 2 braces-? re: treatment time

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ChooChooo

newly braced with Damon 2 braces-? re: treatment time

#1 Post by ChooChooo »

Hello, this is my first post and I have had braces now for 5whole days. :) Aside from the lisp and the full feeling in my mouth it is not too bad so far.
Anyway, I have class 1 malformation with some mild crowding and spacing and have an estimated treatment time of 1 year. I was wondering how often braces are removed before the estimated duedate? I was hoping that they could be off by August in time for my holiday. Also, I did a search and couldn't find if ortho's ever remove braces for special occaisions? I would be willing to remove them and put them back on after my trip if that is an option.

ngbraces

#2 Post by ngbraces »

When I had the consultation which was a moth ago, I did ask my ortho about early removal. I was thinking about some job interviews I need to go in the near future (I thought a metal mouth would be a drawback for an interview, the weird look and the funny talk..) My ortho said she would remove it with a lot of things for me to reconsider: losing all money I have put in my braces so far, paying for removing, suffering the process of removing, paying for reinstalling, suffering the process of reinstalling, counting from day 1 again...
Not worth it... I decided. And since the day I had my braces put on which is 1 month ago, I have got a lot of compliments from people recognizing I'm taking care of my dental health now. So, I think as long as the reason is not health-related, I will stay in my braces sentence until the releasing day :HugeGrin:

Welcome to the braces journey, ChooChooo! :-1