Banded molar tilting inwards?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Zondrae

Banded molar tilting inwards?

#1 Post by Zondrae »

Since I've had my wire changed at my last adjustment, it looks/feels like my molar that is banded is shifting in towards my tongue. Like it is sliding in. It is freaking me out a bit because I'm sure this shouldn't be happening.

My question: do molars move around a bit during this whole early realignment process? Will it move back when the space is better? I have quite a bit of crowding in that area that we are working on.

I've got another adjustment in about 3 weeks, so I might just wait & ask the ortho then. Or do you think I should ring & go in for a check up before then?

Thanks!

pippy

#2 Post by pippy »

Hi Zondrae
I'm no help I'm afraid but I do have one doing the same thing and it has been concerning me a little. The one thats tiiting seems to be going noticeably out of line with the others. Likewise my appointment isn't for another few weeks so I may wait til then - I have already been in a couple of times in between this time for poky wires so not sure I want to make another appearance