9th Adjustment...Pesky2 is wired!! :o)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Lisa65

#1 Post by Lisa65 »

Great news Lucy :D
Here's to Pesky2 getting a move on now he's wired and coming down to join his twin P1

luv
Lisa

Tin Indian

#2 Post by Tin Indian »

:D Whay to go Lucy!
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08

alexa

#3 Post by alexa »

Yay Pesky2!! :D 8) :D
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

hannah164

#4 Post by hannah164 »

Congratulations Lucy and WElcome Pesky 2! :dance: :-#) :thumbsup: :banana: I totally understand how exciting this is! once Pesky 2 is wired he will move so quickly! Its so much easeir from here!

~hAnnah

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05
Braces OFF! November 1, 2006
Retainers: November 8, 2006

Zondrae

#5 Post by Zondrae »

that is great news! I'm sure you will see great improvement from here on in.

Shawnie

#6 Post by Shawnie »

Oh Lucy I was so glad to read your post. You have waited along time, and now it's all worth it. YAY for you and Pesky2.

I know how happy I would be if Shirley would just move even just alittle bit to give me some hope. But just like you Laverne is doing great, Shirley being stubborn. So when I think about Shirley I'm going to think of Pesky2 and know that it can work.

You must go and celebrate!

Take Care
Shawnie
Braced - 10/04/05
Treatment - 30 to 36 months
Ceramic uppers, Metal lowers
Impacted canines-Crowding-Crossbite
6 baby teeth!
Canine exposure surgery of two teeth 3/29/06
2nd canine exposure of one tooth 11/15/06

Henna_the_braceface

#7 Post by Henna_the_braceface »

wow! congratz lucy!!!

Shawnie

#8 Post by Shawnie »

Hi Lucy,

Actually I did have a second exposure surgery last week. (First exposure surgery 3/29/06) I went in to the oral surgeon to have a bone screw/mini implant put in the roof of my mouth and came out with a screw and Shirley completely exposed down to the root!

I needed the screw put in as the pulling on Shirley had caused alot of flairing and tipping on my front teeth. My ortho said no more pulling with the archwire as he felt he did not want to cause problems with the front teeth. So last option was a bone screw to be used as the new anchor, therefore it would not adversely affect my front teeth.

So now I'm just crossing my fingers that pulling Shirley in a different direction and with all the tissue and bone removed that it will move now. He took alot out!

My oral surgeon has taken such an interest in getting this tooth down. He didn't even charge me anything for the exposure surgery and reduced the cost of the bone screw also. It was suppose to be a 20 minute procedure and he ended up working on me for over an hour. I do appreciate his extra efforts, and at least I will know that if Shirley doesn't move that everything that could be done was done.

Anyway, sorry about the ramble, but I know you can relate.

Take Care
Shawnie
Braced - 10/04/05
6 baby teeth!

smile2006

#9 Post by smile2006 »

Wow, was your same tooth on the other side in the same position? If so that is amazing that it could be pulled down like that! Do it constantly ache due to all the pulling? Just curious. Looks good though.

Shawnie

#10 Post by Shawnie »

Yes Lucy Shirley is my right canine. Boy you're right those right canines sure a stubborn. My oral surgeon thinks that maybe the roots of the other teeth may be in the way and that is why it was not able to move forward. So pulling from a different angle may get it loose and get it to move. Can't help but to keep looking in the mirror all the time to check for movement.

How long after the second exposure surgery did you see movement?

Thanks Shawnie
Braced - 10/04/05
6 baby teeth!

Leslie022

#11 Post by Leslie022 »

That's great news, Lucy!
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006