How are teeth rotated?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

joney

How are teeth rotated?

#1 Post by joney »

I'm probably jumping the gun a bit here considering I've only had my brace for 12 days but my upper incisor next to my central will need to be rotated to make it sit straight on. I'm sure this is a question for my ortho but I was just wondering if anybody here had teeth rotated and if so how it was achieved?

Regards
Joney :D
2 Extractions 2nd November 2006
Brace On 10th November 2006
Top brace off 26 June 2008 (19 1/2 months)

ChooChooo

#2 Post by ChooChooo »

I am curious about the same thing too, as I have t lower teeth that need to be sl. rotated. I have no answers for you though :oops:

lionfish

#3 Post by lionfish »

I had an upper incisor that needed to be rotated, and my ortho used a part powerchain to do it. It hurt a bit to get the powerchain on, but once on it was OK. I also had part powerchains on two lower premolars to turn them. They worked fine.

Gennel

#4 Post by Gennel »

My right lower canine is completely rotated. When I look at it in the mirror it looks like the letter T . I had lower braces on like 6-8 weeks ago and the ortho bent the archwire where I have a gap from an extraction so when the archwire starts straigtening out it will twist the canine slowly. It really was not that painfull. At my last adjustment he had to remove the archwire to work on something

Gennel

Delag

#5 Post by Delag »

I have a canine that needs to be rotated as well. My tooth seems to be rotating quite a bit, but in the wrong direction :x I'll ask about it when I see my ortho on Monday and pass on what he says.

Lisa65

#6 Post by Lisa65 »

on my lower arch my canines and 2nd premolars were tipped AND rotated because they'd moved to fill in a gap caused by extractions in my teens. In just 4 months they are almost straight, just with brackets and wires. They have always been more tender than the other teeth since being braced, but given the amount they've moved, I'm not really surprised.

joney

#7 Post by joney »

Thanks everybody for the replies. I'll let you know what the ortho does. It's funny how I never really noticed how crooked that tooth was before but now I am anxious to get it straight. It's hooked up to the wire now (but no bends or anything) so hopefully that will do some work.

Regards
Joney
2 Extractions 2nd November 2006
Brace On 10th November 2006
Top brace off 26 June 2008 (19 1/2 months)

deltawire

#8 Post by deltawire »

I too had a slightly rotated tooth at the bottom and the ortho placed wire around the bracket, twisted it tightly and clip it really short. Then she placed a ligature around the twisted wire. This rotated my tooth within a couple of days but when they removed the twisted wire it was very sensitive. Best of luck!

Higgy

#9 Post by Higgy »

I had (have) 2 teeth rotating via treatment. The first was my upper right canince, which came in exactly reversed from how it should be (180 degrees) and my bottom front left tooth which is/was 80 degrees off. First they made room for it to turn in by using a spring over the front four, then when that was adequate, they were able to put a bracket on it, then did a figure 8 sort of thing (technical term eh?) as well as a powerchain being used to pit the two teeth to the right against the one...which is supposted to turn it very quickly...only 2 weeks between the application and my next adjustment. Only 6 more days!

tin_grin

#10 Post by tin_grin »

I have an upper canine that needs to be rotated. It seemed to be getting worse, so at my last adjustment (about 7 weeks ago) my ortho put a spring (coil?) in because I couldn't floss there, not even with Super Floss. I can floss now, but it's still turned. My next adjustment is Monday so I may get a powerchain or something. Fun! { :-/

Braced: July 19, 2006
Estimated tx time: 18 - 24 months

Higgy

#11 Post by Higgy »

mine didn't rotate with the powerchain and metal lig...so i'm back to the spring to make some more room...next adjustment...dec 14

CLAmom

#12 Post by CLAmom »

Well, my ortho finally started rotating my upper lateral at my last adjustment, so about 8 months into treatment. First they had to make room so the central incisor was moved forward (for a lovely hillbilly smile). This last adjustment they downgraded my wire to that first round flexible one that most people get. They took the old bracket off & repositioned a new one on what in the future would be the front of the tooth. Then, a partial powerchain to top it all off. That was a few weeks ago & there has been some movement but mostly with that central incisor & not so much with the rotated lateral. There's still a little space there so it may happen yet. I had a lot of achy teeth that day but it was all on the opposite side of my mouth. Go figure. I'm sure the guy knows what he's doing but I sure don't. :lol:

Ceramic upper & lower 2/22/06--3M Clarity

"Ever notice how instant gratification takes too long?"