Christmas Parties

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Sherri

Christmas Parties

#1 Post by Sherri »

I guess this is a strictly adult problem but does anyone dread the upcoming holiday parties that they serve appetizers at. A dinner party I can handle because I can get up and go brush my teeth when I am done, but I find it really hard to do the appetizer thing and talk whith people when I'm not sure whats stuck in my front teeth. Christmas number two in braces, and hopefully the last! :lol:

lionfish

#2 Post by lionfish »

No, I guess that's because I'm not part of the endless circuit of parties that go with the season.

I did go to an event last night (not related to Xmas) where there was lots of finger food. I could feel some of it snagging but as we were watching a slide show, I opted for the "finger in the mouth" solution, rather than going to the ladies to do a proper job. As I wear linguals on top, I only really have to worry about what's stuck in my lower braces.

alexa

#3 Post by alexa »

Eh, it's no biggie.

I just swish liquid (whatever I have to drink...hopefully it has vodka in it! :lol: ) around to get things loose if they get stuck, or worse case scenario is that i leave the room for a minute and pry the stuff out.

Frankly, I'm not even worried about other people seeing stuff in my braces if something escapes me....because number one, pretty much no one cares or is looking at my braces, so even if there is something, they'll probably miss it. Number two, people are understanding...they know I have braces and can't help being a lisping freak with food in her teeth. They love me anyway! 8)
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

alexa

#4 Post by alexa »

Well said, though! I think you and I approach this issue in much the same spirit and manner. There's no way I am letting being braced cramp my style in any way.
Exactly! :-88
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

Gennel

#5 Post by Gennel »

for small appetizers I usually break them up and put on my tongue and chew with back teeth in 5 months I've had something stuck in the front teeth because I tried to bite something with my front teeth . I just dont bite with my front teeth anymore.

Gennel

Willz

#6 Post by Willz »

I brake things up and eat with my back teeth too. I always have a glass of water handy when I'm eating out in public just to wash off anything that might be sticking. Also have a little mirror in my bag just in case.

wonderstuf

#7 Post by wonderstuf »

I have a lipstick case with a small mirror in it. It's great for covertly checking if food is stuck in my teeth. I did the same thing before braces too. Not sure if putting on lipstick out in the open is something people do at Christmas parties though.