Got the braces on Wednesday!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

*boom!*

Got the braces on Wednesday!

#1 Post by *boom!* »

...well partially anyway. I got the front teeth done less the teeth that will be extracted and they will wait 3 or 4 adjustments before getting the bottoms on.

Eating is...interesting. I think I've begun the apathy/too-much-work-to-eat-and-clean braces diet. LOL

They don't hurt too much but deciding what to eat is...interesting (did I say that before? ;)).

The first meal post-braces was eaten out. Since then I ate at the in-laws and out twice which is more than we eat out in months. I have a nice grasp of teeth brushing in public now... :) ...something I have never done before.

I am hoping to get the extractions in the next week or two weeks from now since I have a family party on December 9, volunteering at church on the 8th and helping at my dd's school on the 6th so I want it done a week in advance or a week after all of that is to happen.

Anyhow...there's my update from a woman my dh is jokingly calling "brace face".

lisaemtp

#2 Post by lisaemtp »

Congratulations on getting your braces! I got mine on last week so I feel your pain :D Best of luck, you'll get used to them quickly!

Lisa

*boom!*

#3 Post by *boom!* »

I see you got yours on on my birthday! Great choice. ;)

redsfn77

Great

#4 Post by redsfn77 »

It goes by so quick. I have been braced for almost a month now. My wife had told me that at some point, you will forget that you even have them on. While I disagree with that (you always know when you have food caught), it becomes easier to cope. Once I got into a routine, it has been really easy to deal with them. This board has helped also getting answers that I may not be able to ask my ortho about at the present time. Congratulations on starting your journey!!
[/url]

[/url]

lovedog49507

Re: Got the braces on Wednesday!

#5 Post by lovedog49507 »

how does it feel getting braces on the teeth ?

*boom!*

Re: Got the braces on Wednesday!

#6 Post by *boom!* »

lovedog49507 wrote:how does it feel getting braces on the teeth ?
I didn't feel a thing, either. Afterwords it's weird looking at yourself in the mirror but even now, just 4.5 days after getting them on they feel pretty much like they are part of me.

lovedog49507

#7 Post by lovedog49507 »

i have heard people say its painful after 2 to 3 hours after they put them on do you know any good dental insurance that can covers adult braces im 27 i was going check out the delta plan insurance

dymond25

#8 Post by dymond25 »

Hey Lovedog49507,

I am 25 years old and have Delta Dental insurance. They pay $1500.00 for Orthrodontic (60% of the total cost). And my treatment for braces is $4200.00, I had to have all four wisdom teeth pulled yesterday and they are paying 80% (oral surgery) of that bill. So far I like Delta Dental. My spouse is also considering braces too; I just hope for his sake he will not have to have extractions done, b/c this is no fun.