scarey moment last night!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Higgy

#1 Post by Higgy »

I have 12 cleats on my braces, so I can totally understand...there's no feeling like that pit in your stomach when the floss gets tangled or stuck! Frantically trying to get it out....helps none....much better to take a moment, take a deep breath and try again....when in doubt..cut the floss and take it out bit by bit. I had my first scare the other night with my wire...I have the self-litigating braces, where they put the wire in and close the door....well, on that bottom I only have a really weak wire, becuase they're not moving the teeth together, they're moving them apart....and as I was flossing, I managed to pull the wire out of the "door", but with a bit of work, it went right back in and the door closed...have an adjustment tomorrow, so I'll make sure things are fine then, but no worries!

Tamms

#2 Post by Tamms »

Oh WOW! I had something sort of similar... not stuck in a cleat (is that the little bracket on the inside of the bands??) but stuck between the band and my other tooth! I thought I was going to pull the band off! Oh well... Fun stuff eh?

Tammy :)