total newbie (to the forum, not to braces!)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bunnyfluff

total newbie (to the forum, not to braces!)

#1 Post by bunnyfluff »

I'm new, and while still young (I got my braces on a month before I turned 17...i'm midway through 19 right now) I am one of the older patients at my ortho's office. Most of them range between 8 (no joke!) and 15.

Alrighty, so I did learn yesterday that my braces will in fact be TAKEN OFF!!!! WOOT! on January 4th. It's about damn time! :D

Just as a backstory: I got them on May 12, 2004. I've had many instances where they've said "Ooooh almost done!" and apparently "almost" to the ortho translates into about 10 months. Yikes. I just have a question. I have noticed that when I smile, my lips have a hard time stretching over my mouth. It makes my smile look...lopsided.

This is pretty much what my smile looks like most of the time.

However, sometimes it's in rare form and looks FAB. As in this picture.

(sorry the pictures are kind of grainy)

Is the second picture kind of a preview of what my smile will be post-braces? If so, that would be AWESOME. I look forward to being a part of these forums and sharing the joy and agony of braces with all of you! :wink:[/img]

KatK

#2 Post by KatK »

I don't really see the difference..... the pictures are just at different angles. Both smiles look great to me!

Congrats on getting them off soon!

iBorg

#3 Post by iBorg »

Just not nice to join and rub in your good luck :lol:

Your smile is going to look GREAT! Congrats and you're proof there is light at the end of this tunnel.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

bunnyfluff

#4 Post by bunnyfluff »

iBorg: Thanks! Yes there IS light at the end of the tunnel. Good luck to you!

And P.S. I love your avatar. Alf was a favorite of mine when I was...tiny. Haha.

linda21: That is true, about the lip balm AND the forced/natural smiles. It seems like smiling will just be a lot easier and prettier once they're gone!

katk: The more I look at them, the more I see how they are very similar. However, it seems to me that the first picture is more forced and more...crowded looking? Which is strange because the picture were taken within a month of each other and my teeth haven't changed much since the beginning of this year, really. :)

spimpy

#5 Post by spimpy »

Congrats on having your "due" date (':wink:')

As you said, keep using the lipbalm, and have you thought about drinking lots more water?

I drink about 5-6 glasses/day and since this, I find that my mouth isn't dry.

Maybe it'll help you too!!!