ugly betty moving on

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

HeadgearJoe

ugly betty moving on

#1 Post by HeadgearJoe »

well does she go , looks like it, or will she come back , also gave use a close up of her headgear , pretty cute show , what do ya'll think, (hgjoe)
braces off 1/31/08 wearing bonded retainers with a nightsplint, will get removable hawleys 2/21/08

jcdamon3

#2 Post by jcdamon3 »

I got a little disgusted with this show when what's his face (Betty's Boss) slept with a different woman every night and couldn't remember where he left his watch. Then he had Betty call and visit each girl. I am really glad my teenage daughter wasn't watching that evening. It is kind of a shame too because it could be good for the younger women to see that you can be successful without having to buy into all the glam.

I haven't given up on the how entirely yet but will not encourage my daughter to watch it either.

oh, then he falls madly in love with this woman and gets totally drunk so that he can't make it to work. Lovely.

Just my $.02. I prefer my daughter to watch family guy over this show - at least we know it is all make believe.
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

NotBob1

#3 Post by NotBob1 »

I just lost interest in it. My wife kind of likes it still.
Pat
Class III tendency, crossbite 10-23
Maxillary horizontal & 2mm deficiency for upper teeth
GAC In-Ovation R, metal. Now with upper & lower Hawleys 24 hrs.

jess214

#4 Post by jess214 »

I just downloaded two episodes through uTorrent and just watched them tonight. (I don't get new American shows here in HK until they're into the 2nd season or more in the States, so I'd never be up to date if I waited for them..) I think it's an okay show. Nothing too spectacular, but hey, at least there's a show about someone with braces like us as the main role instead of some hot, perfect supermodel stealing the spotlight, no? :)

P.S. jcdamon3, Family Guy is one of my favorites :) I have to depend on downloading for that too though. -__-

jcdamon3

#5 Post by jcdamon3 »

I guess that is what is a little annoying. They had ugly betty as the main character and maybe the show wasn't doing too well so they brought in Selma Hayek so she could show off her great body with some tight skirts and low cut blouses. Maybe their ratings (with the men) weren't doing so well as evidenced by NotBob1 admitting losing interest in it. Well NotBob1 you may want to check it out now.
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

NotBob1

#6 Post by NotBob1 »

I have to tell you that the added person (Thelma Hyak??) would not do it for me. I think that using a slinky female body to attract viewers only attracts the wrong viewers. It's kind of a sleazy approach in my book. I like the character of Betty because she is intelligent and real. I think she's pretty cute, really. If I were single, I would likely attempt a date. I don't know why I lost interest in it....Maybe because I am a CSI and Scrubs addict!! :) Just not a Caruso fan, though!!!! (That guy is an idiot!)
Pat

josephine

#7 Post by josephine »

I think they made the one character so sexist to show how far he had to evolve to actually fall in love and commit, which is where the story line seems to be going now. Salma Hayek is actually one of the producers, I think. Yes, I see they showed Betty in headgear this last show! Although she then flopped back in bed with great force, which I can tell you you don't do in headgear. In any case I am biased in sympathy toward braces wearers and I watch this thing every week. And aside from everything else, is America Ferrara fantastic or what?

Saki

#8 Post by Saki »

Maybe because I am a CSI and Scrubs addict!! :) Just not a Caruso fan, though!!!! (That guy is an idiot!)
:lol: You speak the truth there...! It's almost painful how smug he is!

NotBob1

#9 Post by NotBob1 »

So what is the Janitor's name??????
Pat