Bite turbos gone!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Izzy

Bite turbos gone!

#1 Post by Izzy »

I had my second adjustment this week and my ortho removed my bite turbos!!!! It is so wonderful to have them out of my mouth. :D :D :D

He snapped the turbos off with what looked like a small pair of pliers. There was minimal pain, but the loud cracking noise was no fun, since it sounded like my teeth were snapping off. :(

My total time with the turbos was 4 ½ months.

Lisa65

#2 Post by Lisa65 »

I bet you're glad to be shot of those Izzy!

Kat

#3 Post by Kat »

What did they feel like what did they do?
Did you whack your turbos on the tops of your bottoms? Chip any teeth with them on?

Izzy

#4 Post by Izzy »

After the first day with the turbos I thought I would be eating mac & cheese for 6 months. However, very soon I was able to eat almost normally. I was amazed how well I learned to eat, chew, and talk with the turbos on.

Unfortunately, my adjustment included a new wire and the bracketing of my second molars. Big ouch! So instead of chowing down, I’m on the soft food diet right now.

Kat: The turbos kept me from biting my front brackets off. I was able to learn to chew by rotating my jaw--hard to explain, but it worked.

My turbos were kind of pointed so I was constantly hitting my tongue on them. (The first day my tongue was bleeding.) My tongue quit hurting soon, but the turbos were still irritating.

No chips. No damage to my teeth.

Kat

#5 Post by Kat »

So they didn't touch the tops of your bottom teeth?

Granola

#6 Post by Granola »

Congrats on getting them off!

I had them, and was glad when they were gone (though have been told it is possible I could have them again :shock: ).

Mine were composite, and very smooth (especially after my lower teeth ground them down for awhile :? ).
Uppers placed 2/8/06--Inspire ICE ceramics
Lower (stainless) placed 2/23/06
Treatment time: 17 months (estimated was 12-18 months)
Debonded: July 11th, 2007
Next appointment: June 2008 for retainer & nightguard check

JacquieMz

#7 Post by JacquieMz »

I had the bite turbos on the back side of my two front upper teeth to prevent my lower teeth from hitting them and pushing them forward. They were made from bonding material and prevented my molars from touching which made chewing almost impossible for the first week. They worked great while they were in, my bite opened up and my teeth were almost in the prefect position,the spaces were gone from where I had had extractions and I thought the braces would be done soon, that was 1 1/2 years ago, after the turbos were removed my teeth went back to their former positions, the spaces returned and the problems continued.

I wonder if something like that could be left in permantly? I got used to them and they did improve my teeth positon and bite and they were not uncomfortable, hummm I think I will ask my ortho next visit.

Jackie