You were all correct - it was fine! Am now metal mouth too.

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Maggsie

You were all correct - it was fine! Am now metal mouth too.

#1 Post by Maggsie »

Everyone

thank you for your encouragement, and what you said was true. I had my braces put on last night and, although it took three hours, it really didn't hurt. I was exhausted at the end, and felt a bit faint. But that was more from the stress of it all and having to hold my mouth open and be tilted back (have lingual on the top) than from anything else. The ortho reassured me that it would not hurt, and it didn't. So anyone else who is getting their braces and is scared, try not to worry too much. It's ok.
So now I'm eating my lunch of soup and mashed bananas!!!!! Am not in any pain yet at all, but that will come, I'm sure. I am prepared and will try and take it positively when it hits.

You are all wonderful. Thank you so much.

ghostmyimag3

#2 Post by ghostmyimag3 »

The lip stretchers were the worst part to me because my mouth is kinda small and the plastic parts kept mashing into my gums. I think i even had tears present themselves a couple times. Hopefully i dont have to have them things put in for an adjustment. Oh well. Congratulations on the braces, and hopefully you'll be eating what ever you want with in reason soon!
Metal braces on Uppers and lowers-November 8, 2006

Lana

#3 Post by Lana »

Woot! Congratulations!
Glad to know it worked out well.

8)

Lana

Pirate Wench

#4 Post by Pirate Wench »

Nice to hear everything went well! :thumbsup:

Lisa65

#5 Post by Lisa65 »

See, we told you it'd be OK :lol:

Welcome to Braceland!

lisa x

sjsarre

#6 Post by sjsarre »

Congrats on taking the plunge!!

:D :D

Delag

#7 Post by Delag »

Funny how stressful this stuff is isn't it? I totaly wigged out before I got braced, and now I measure time by when my adjustments are. It is no longer December 5, it is now one week, 6 days till my second adjustment :lol:

lionfish

#8 Post by lionfish »

Well done, you!

Out of interest, what kind of braces did you opt for on your bottom teeth?

bunnyfluff

#9 Post by bunnyfluff »

Congrats! It's weird though, i've heard a lot of people saying it took upwards of 3 hours to get their braces on! I don't remember mine taking that long. However, it's been a couple of years so maybe...haha I have no idea.

But good luck during your braced journey! :D

LadyTr0uble

#10 Post by LadyTr0uble »

Congrats, Maggsie!!! Welcome to braces land! :D

The best advice I got from the people in this forum was:
-wax
-salt water rinse, and
-practice talking by reading outloud
... thanks to all those who passed the words of wisdom around! 8)

bunnyfluff: mine didn't take 3 hrs either; I was done a little under 2 hours. and that was with problems with not having enough space around one of my molars to put on the brace. it sure felt like a long time though!