7 month progress pics.

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Iceolated

7 month progress pics.

#1 Post by Iceolated »

I had some updated pictures taken at my adjustment on Tuesday. Below you can see my original photos on the left and my updated photos on the right.

After seeing how great my upper arch now looks I wonder why I didn't do this sooner. And one thing that has really struck me is how much better my teeth would look overall if I had taken better care of them as a child/teenager.

Those massive fillings really take away from the overall look. It is my intention to have those replaced with crowns once my braces are complete.

I've been in my uppers for about 7 months and the lowers only 4 months. I'm very please with the results of both. Next adjustment I get my elastics.

One thing I am super thrilled about is that my upper arch is actually an arch. That rogue bicuspid on the left side of my original upper arch picture is what caused all my upper alignment problems. Because that tooth had to squeeze it's way in it forced my front incisors and canines out of place..and they remained that way until last month when that bicuspid was wired in.

You have no idea how thrilled I am to look at these photos. Worth every penny we're having to pay.

Cheers,

Ice.

Metal uppers May 2, 2006
Metal lowers September 12, 2006
Finally Nekkid July 11, 2007

With braces - pain is gain...

Some things money can't buy.
Thank God great looking teeth aren't one of them.

“But to see her was to love her, Love but her, and love foreverâ€

jennielee81

#2 Post by jennielee81 »

Wow, things are really looking good in there!!
:thumbsup:
Keep up the good work!
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

*boom!*

#3 Post by *boom!* »

That's wonderful improvement!
[/url]

*boom!*

#4 Post by *boom!* »

That's wonderful improvement!
[/url]

ngbraces

#5 Post by ngbraces »

Wow! Just 7 months! You can't ask for more! :thumbsup: Happy for you!

overseasmel

#6 Post by overseasmel »

Fantastic!! Your arches look great! :D

Braced 20 Nov 06. Sentenced to 18-30 months. Released 23 Feb 09 (27 months and 3 days).
Uppers: 3M Clarity Ceramic. Lowers: Damon 3MX.
SARPE 21 April 06 and 7.5 months in expander (on for 2 weeks before surgery), turning to a width of 14.5mm.

vivi21

#7 Post by vivi21 »

congrats!! you should be really happy there looking great :D
Got my Braces on 08-04-06
Now on Hawley

broochie

#8 Post by broochie »

Wonderful progress, Iceolated! You have good reason to be thrilled !

joney

#9 Post by joney »

Iceolated

I'm delighted for you.

I can't wait until I have proper "arches" too. Like you I wish I'd done this sooner and that I had taken better care of my teeth when I was younger to avoid the dreaded fillings.

Your photos are an inspiration. I hope I can make such good progress.

Regards
Joney
2 Extractions 2nd November 2006
Brace On 10th November 2006
Top brace off 26 June 2008 (19 1/2 months)

Brunoise

#10 Post by Brunoise »

Your dentist can take those old silver fillings out and put in the new composite tooth colored material no trouble at all. Two of my old silver fillings broke and I had them replaced. Will do the same with the other 5 I have :oops: when finisehd. As well as take care of old corn tooth in front! :)

My dentist told me once that the greatest detriment to children's teeth is raisins as they are high in sugar and get in all the valleys of the teeth where they cause decay. Needless to say, I had my fair share of child size Sun Maid raisin boxes back in the day. In any case kids now get their teeth coated with sealants and shouldn't have to worry about cavities at all.

bunnyfluff

#11 Post by bunnyfluff »

Fabulous progress! :D

Love me, that's all I ask of you....
[ May 15, 2004 ]