no spacers??

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

wannabebraceface

no spacers??

#1 Post by wannabebraceface »

fortunately i didnt have to get spacers and also i didnt get bands on my molars .. i have brackets on my molars that have a hook that work excatly like a band. sooo i was just wondering why i didnt have to get spacers and a band like most ppl... also who has also been in my position.......just curious

MarvinBrace

#2 Post by MarvinBrace »

Hello wannabebracefrace,

I'm going to get braces very soon. :oops:
I asked my ortho if I'm going to need spacers.
He told me NO (thank God) and he told me that he uses a regular bracket with a hook on it.
I asked him if this bracket will do the same work as the bands, he said yes.

So just like you I'm not getting bands. :wink:

Bye....Marvin

joney

#3 Post by joney »

I am happy to have missed out on spacers too and just have the brackets on my molars. From what I've heard here tha's a good thing.

Regards
Joney
2 Extractions 2nd November 2006
Brace On 10th November 2006
Top brace off 26 June 2008 (19 1/2 months)

jennielee81

#4 Post by jennielee81 »

Some orthodontists don't use bands on molars brackets. Mine doesn't use bands, just glues the molar bracket on like all the other brackets.

My kid's ortho uses bands. When I asked why, he said that it's what he's always done and it works...
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

wildcat 06

#5 Post by wildcat 06 »

My gaps never closed from my molar bands- hence retreatment- good luck

gunter8888

#6 Post by gunter8888 »

I just got my lowers on a little over a week ago and I do not have molar bands. My ortho doesn't use them. From reading other's stories here I am so grateful to have been spared spacers and bands.
Expander in 8/9/06
Lowers on 11/30/06
Uppers on / Expander gone on 1/31/2007
Class III elastics added 3/14/2007
Expander #2 - 6/27/2007
20-24 months w/ fixed metal braces

ame_malia

#7 Post by ame_malia »

Well, since my ortho uses bands, I had to get spacers and OMG they hurt! My little brother, however, had no bands for his treatment, and therefore, no spacers. I suppose it just depends on the ortho's preference. Lucky you!

lisaemtp

#8 Post by lisaemtp »

no spacers and no bands here either :)

Lisa