I took it out...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

turrrtlelove22

I took it out...

#1 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

Ok I know I proly shouldn't have but I took one of those blasted spacers out. I eventually put it back, tho. It's the only one after all this time to be still bothering me. It was embedded into my gum, which is slightly puffy and red and white. I really hope it isn't infected. There is not any pus (ugh I hate that word) coming out or anything. It's just incredibly sore when it shifts with a very annoying ache. Once it settles back in it goes away tho, like a while after I eat. So I'm guessing it's not infected. The gum there is just VERY irritated. I think. **sigh** Since this day is over I'm just going to say there is just one day left...**sigh**
LiFe iS A HoOt iF You arE aN oWL...O.o

Sept. 28 ~ Consult with Orthodontist
Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

SDFD TSchott

#2 Post by SDFD TSchott »

Let the countdown begin :) I'm watching and awaiting all your stories about the braces and enjoy it all.

Sorry that the spacer has bothered you alot but just remember the pain from spacers is "ALMOST OVER"

SDFD TSchott

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

turrrtlelove22

#3 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

Thanks, SDFD TSchott. Yessssss almost! Although today I feel like almost isn't close enough...LOL.

Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

SDFD TSchott

#4 Post by SDFD TSchott »

I Was once like you when I was counting down the days. I counted down the days just like I did for my 21st birthday. I was counting every day, every hour, every minute, every second.

SDFD TSchott

jennielee81

#5 Post by jennielee81 »

Not sure if any of y'all remember the "old days". When I was in middle school all of my friends who got braces had spacers between EVERY TOOTH!!!

I checked by asking one of those friends a bit ago if she did have them between every tooth. She said, "YES, OMG, that was aweful!!!"

She had them put in the morning and then came to school with these huge rubber flaps between every tooth and she was so embarassed.

Can you imagine spacers all around your mouth? :soremouth:

I'm not trying to take away from your pain, turrrtlelove22, I just had a memory...

Glad to hear you put that sucker back in. Sorry it's causing you serious discomfort!!! Have some warm salt-water....not as pleasing as many other beverage choices, but hopefully will be soothing. :wink:
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

iBorg

#6 Post by iBorg »

I got you one better. When I got braces the first time the ortho pounded the bands on WITHOUT SPACERS. Every tooth except the four between my caninies. Did it hurt? Do I need to answer?

Just the first of many memorable experiences that first time as a metal mouth.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

*boom!*

#7 Post by *boom!* »

You will be so happy when they come out and tomorrow...it's only a day...a---way! :)
[/url]

turrrtlelove22

#8 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

I was counting every day, every hour, every minute, every second.
Haha...don't give any ideas!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

turrrtlelove22

#9 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

I'm not trying to take away from your pain, turrrtlelove22, I just had a memory...
Don't worry, I took some Aleve and I can't believe that after reading about salt water rinses a bajillion times that I didn't even think to do that...lol. Where is my head at? Off in LaLa Land for sure...I'm going to go rinse right now!!!

And that spacers in every tooth thing...WHOA...I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy!!!

it's only a day...a---way!
YESSSS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :dance:

Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

SDFD TSchott

#10 Post by SDFD TSchott »

haha, now I wounder if I will be counting down every day, every hour, every minute, every second when braces are about to come off.

SDFD TSchott

turrrtlelove22

#11 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

Oh geez...have fun with that. How will you know when they come off exactly? I guess you can just gues-estimate...lol. However if'n you ever get bored you can calculate mine for me. My appt. is @ 9am and its 10:22pm my time...I hate math...

Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

jma295psu

#12 Post by jma295psu »

the answer is 10 hrs and 38 mins from 10:22pm to 9am

SDFD TSchott

#13 Post by SDFD TSchott »

1 days 12 hours 2 minutes 28 seconds left until Brace Day.

If I did the math just right!

SDFD TSchott

SDFD TSchott

#14 Post by SDFD TSchott »

jma295psu wrote:the answer is 10 hrs and 38 mins from 10:22pm to 9am
Brace day is on the 12th not the 11th

SDFD TSchott

PrincessMelody

#15 Post by PrincessMelody »

I feel your pain turrrtlelove22. When I had my upper spacers, one of them got embedded against my gum. It happened just two days before I went in to get my braces so I yanked it out and didn't bother putting it back in. It happened again when I got my bottom spacers but it happened over two weeks before I was supposed to go in again so I yanked it out, left it out for a few days, and then put it back in. It was fine though after
I put it back in. I waited to put it back in because my gum there was hurting pretty bad. Didn't have any problems with it again though. But man were my gums bleeding like crazy when I yanked those puppies out. I have really sensitive gums. They are healthy, but just really sensitive and bleed if I brush too hard or if I hit the floss hard against my gums. What is really funny is both of the times this happened it was with the same teeth, just one between the upper two and one between the lower two.
Check out my braces story by clicking the WWW
28 months and 22 days in braces
Now in an upper and lower Hawley retainer.