I now have horse teeth.

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kat

I now have horse teeth.

#1 Post by Kat »

HA!
When I went into my orthos for the braces to be installed I saw a lady leaving the orthos office and she smiled at the ortho before leaving and she had these teeth that were kinda horse teeth look alikes, kinda bucked out and spaced apart somewhat.
Well I thought geez, that lady sure needed braces.

Well....Now after a few months with mine I now have that same look as she did.
I know we are getting my teeth to come out away from my bottoms and trying to raise them but I just had some pictures taken and MAN! What a bad look, like a halloween mask still.
Can't wait until there's more progress, I know it will take some time, they look worse then before I had them on.

Every time someone new looks at my braces I know the think the same thing I thought, Wow she really needed those braces, wonder why she waited so long. :shock:
HA!

science teacher

horse teeth

#2 Post by science teacher »

I completely understand.

I have this HUGE gap thanks to SARPE. I can fit a McDonald's straw between my teeth. I don't have my braces yet so I just look funny.

KIM
SARPE 11/23/06
Expansion over 12/18/06 8.5mm
Brace day tops 1/15/07
Brace day bottoms 3/19/07
all expansion devices removed 9/19/07

PrincessMelody

#3 Post by PrincessMelody »

I feel so bad for you Kat. I luckily don't have any major gap problems or any major problems that are visible. My sister did comment tonight about how my front teeth are too small, lol. I have no clue what that's about :?

Thanks linda, I got that song going through MY head now, LOL. I remember watching old reruns of that show as a kid and Mr. Ed seriously scared me. Imagine a talking horse scaring a child, but well he scared me. Apparently I was a very special child.
Check out my braces story by clicking the WWW
28 months and 22 days in braces
Now in an upper and lower Hawley retainer.

turrrtlelove22

#4 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

Every time someone new looks at my braces I know the think the same thing I thought, Wow she really needed those braces, wonder why she waited so long.
HA!

I agree. I used to get nervous talking to people with braces because I know since they are in them already, they can't help but notice other peoples teeth. So instantly I would get soooo self-conscious, becuase I was thinking they were like eww look at her teeth. But in the same respect, things are not always as bad as we make them out to be. We just blow it up in our heads...lol. I do it all the time. I just want to ask people, that I know, like if they ever thought that before and to tell the truth...haha.

I know talking about teeth so much at work has inspired others to take some steps to get better looking teeth, which I think is good for them.
But here lately it's like evertime I talk to someone I can't help but stare them in the mouth!!! :shock:

When I looked at my xrays I was mortified!!! I looked at myself in sheer horror!!! I knew my teeth protruded but these xrays showed just how far they stuck out compared to skulll....ugghhh...If ever I get annoyed with the braces, I'll just think of that xray... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good luck with your treatment!!! :D

LiFe iS A HoOt iF You arE aN oWL...O.o

Sept. 28 ~ Consult with Orthodontist
Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

Lisa65

#5 Post by Lisa65 »

Yeah I can relate to that Kat :( at the moment my bottom teeth look fairly OK because the treatment is going well down there and there's just a few gaps that need closing and one kinda slanty tooth that will need to be filed flat.

But my top teeth have NEVER looked as bad as they do at the moment. All the work being done is at the back, I have huge gaps back there which trap everything I eat, and the front top teeth are crowded and pushed forwards to make room for the wires and bands back there. I won't get braces on the top fronts for another 6 months or so, and I hate it. :? I worry because a lot of people knew I was getting braces and they must be wondering what on earth is going on with my teeth?

But all I can say is hang in there because things will improve quite quickly for you and you won't have the horse look for long.
luv
Lisa x

sjsarre

#6 Post by sjsarre »

My teeth looked like Rabbit teeth for quite a while, from about the 2nd month to the 6th month, now they are so much better.

I do sympathise because at the time you feel like you have taken a step back, but i'm sure they'll come into line soon!!

joney

#7 Post by joney »

As everyone here gets braces to improve their teeth it must be depressing when they seem to be looking worse than when they started but as others said sometimes things seem to get worse before they get better.

I'm in the honeymoon phase where I am so delighted with the improvements already in my first month but I can imagine that you must be feeling fed up at the moment. If you were near debanding and felt like this it would be a worry but hopefully things will improve again soon and you'll get nearer your goal. I'm sure they probably don't look so bad, we are all our worse critics and it's only since I starting thinking about and wearing braces that I've noticed other people's teeth. I'm amazed now at what I see whereas previously I didn't even notice people's teeth unless they were excessively bad or good.

Regards
Joney
2 Extractions 2nd November 2006
Brace On 10th November 2006
Top brace off 26 June 2008 (19 1/2 months)

Chris

#8 Post by Chris »

:lol:
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

ghostmyimag3

#9 Post by ghostmyimag3 »

I shouldn't laugh but my teeth are big so thats why i laughed because i was looking in the mirror yesterday and i was thinking "oh my god my front teeth look huge."
But they've always looked that way and now that i have braces it seems like it stands out more cause i smile like a horse lol
What?!
Metal braces on Uppers and lowers-November 8, 2006

Tamms

#10 Post by Tamms »

My top teeth flare and that's one of the reasons I went to the ortho in the first place... but I was totally shocked when I saw my xray! I mean, it made them look REALLY flared out! Now, I have a Nance/Biteplate that hits against them also. It will be a while before those front teeth get to come into place I'm thinking.
I certainly understand your feelings of self-consciousness!
Tammy :)