BRACES TOMMORROW!!!**^^**

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

turrrtlelove22

BRACES TOMMORROW!!!**^^**

#1 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

About this time tommorrow I will be on my way to the orthodontist to get my braces put on!!! I couldn't even sleep last night so I know that I won't be able to sleep tonite. I'm just so filled with so much, so much....so much...I don't know, excitement? fear? nervousness? anxiety? Sheesh I would say ALL of the above. I have a really good orthodontist who is incredibly sweet and she is quick and knows her stuff. So it's not that I'm woried about. I don't know what I'm worried about actually....aigoo!!! I just want it to be over with already!!!

I must keep myself busy. I'm glad that I have a lot of things to keep me busy and entertained...I should be on my way out the door right now but I've got a few minutes to spare.

My stomach has been a nervous wreck all morning. I am making sure I eat NOTHING before I go tommorrow. I'd hate to have to be in the chair and have to go the restroom...for any reason....GAH.... :shock: :shock: :oops: :cry: :roll: :P :? :( :o :o :( :) :?: :!: :?: :idea: :roll:
LiFe iS A HoOt iF You arE aN oWL...O.o

Sept. 28 ~ Consult with Orthodontist
Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

Catmom

#2 Post by Catmom »

Speaking as an "oldie" (braced 1 week ago today!), having them put on is nothing! I'm really sensitive to oral pain, so I've had some problems, but not like some people.

You have lots of support hear, Turtlelove, so use it - people here have experienced everything there is to experience when it comes to braces. And please let us know how it goes.

Blessings,

Sam :HugeGrin:

SDFD TSchott

#3 Post by SDFD TSchott »

Can't wait turrrtlelove22 for the story about your treatment and so on. I'm glad things are coming by so fast next thing you will notice is that braces go by so fast you don't even remember getting them put on by the time they are to come off!

SDFD TSchott

PS: I will be awaiting for pictures!

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

fancycat

#4 Post by fancycat »

I felt just like you did before I had my braces put on a month ago. Like the others have said it's a breeze and I worked myself up over nothing.
If I can make one suggestion, EAT before you go! I didn't eat and was starving when I got home, then realized hey I can't eat anything with these things on. :roll:

You will do great, let us know how it goes.

cowlypso

#5 Post by cowlypso »

Congrats! Hope the time flies by so you can get it done with. I'm getting my premolars yanked tomorrow, so I'm also living with anticipation (dread, excitement, fear, anxiety, panic...). But it's great to be getting started, right?

Good luck tomorrow.

lillibut

#6 Post by lillibut »

You will be fine!! They will feel wierd at first, but you will find that you can't help but smile and show them off, especially if you've been thinking about doing it for a long time.
Relax, it wont hurt, and think of how fab your teeth will look when your treatment has finished.
Take lots of lip balm as you lips will be a little sore because of the lip spreaders. (sound worse than they are!)
Keep us posted, and remember...it WILL be worth it when you can smile with lovely teeth! :D

SDFD TSchott

#7 Post by SDFD TSchott »

One last thing I have to add here, TAKE A "BEFORE" Photo of your teeth pre-braces and then take photos of your teeth as you progress. You will notice loads of changes happening and its fun to document everything.

SDFD TSchott

PS: I Also created a personal website to document all my treatment at http://www.schottdesign.net/ortho/

Pirate Wench

#8 Post by Pirate Wench »

:D All the best tomorrow :D

The waiting is the worst part.

turrrtlelove22

#9 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

You have lots of support hear, Turtlelove, so use it - people here have experienced everything there is to experience when it comes to braces. And please let us know how it goes.
I am so glad that I have this site to fall back on. People not in or getting braces could care less...lol :lol:
One last thing I have to add here, TAKE A "BEFORE" Photo of your teeth pre-braces and then take photos of your teeth as you progress. You will notice loads of changes happening and its fun to document everything.
Don't worry. I feel a little embarassed to say I have been taking "before" pictures all week...lol. I am going to take a pic once a week and then when I'm done with treatment I'm going to make a montage of them...set to some really cool music proly...LOL.

If I can make one suggestion, EAT before you go! I didn't eat and was starving when I got home, then realized hey I can't eat anything with these things on.

[color=D#ff3399]Hi, Fancycat...I don't trust my stomach enough to eat before I go although I love breakfast time and breakfast food is my favorite. I might eat an Eggo and drink some juice or milk...and that's a big MIGHT. :FeelSick: I'll let you know how things go. :D [/color]

But it's great to be getting started, right?

[/b]Cowlypso...Yes, it is so good to be getting started. I never thought this day would come. It has felt like an eternity!!! Good luck to you tommorrow as well!!!

Take lots of lip balm as you lips will be a little sore because of the lip spreaders. (sound worse than they are!)
Keep us posted, and remember...it WILL be worth it when you can smile with lovely teeth!

ILillibut...Thanks...I've got this unbelievably huge tube of Palmer Cocoa Butter lipgloss that I will have in tow!!! I thought about putting it on a string around my neck but thought that it would be a little much...LOL. I've been rinsing with salt water and bottled water is my best friend so I always have one in my purse...haha

Thank you Pirate Wrench. Oh...I think I am the most IMPATIENT person in the world. Thank goodness that I have someone going with me!!! That way I will have someone to talk to. I don't know what I would have done with myself otherwise. I do have a final I'm going to try and make it to that day so I guess I could study while I wait too. I'm going to be there be 8:30!!! Although last time I was there before my orthodontist. Oh boy...

Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

turrrtlelove22

#10 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

I am so glad that I have this site to fall back on. People not in or getting braces could care less...lol :lol:
Don't worry. I feel a little embarassed to say I have been taking "before" pictures all week...lol. I am going to take a pic once a week and then when I'm done with treatment I'm going to make a montage of them...set to some really cool music proly...LOL.

If I can make one suggestion, EAT before you go! I didn't eat and was starving when I got home, then realized hey I can't eat anything with these things on.

[color=D#ff3399]Hi, Fancycat...I don't trust my stomach enough to eat before I go although I love breakfast time and breakfast food is my favorite. I might eat an Eggo and drink some juice or milk...and that's a big MIGHT. :FeelSick: I'll let you know how things go. :D [/color]

But it's great to be getting started, right?

[/b]Cowlypso...Yes, it is so good to be getting started. I never thought this day would come. It has felt like an eternity!!! Good luck to you tommorrow as well!!!

Keep us posted, and remember...it WILL be worth it when you can smile with lovely teeth!

ILillibut...Thanks...I've got this unbelievably huge tube of Palmer Cocoa Butter lipgloss that I will have in tow!!! I thought about putting it on a string around my neck but thought that it would be a little much...LOL. I've been rinsing with salt water and bottled water is my best friend so I always have one in my purse...haha

Thank you Pirate Wrench. Oh...I think I am the most IMPATIENT person in the world. Thank goodness that I have someone going with me!!! That way I will have someone to talk to. I don't know what I would have done with myself otherwise. I do have a final I'm going to try and make it to that day so I guess I could study while I wait too. I'm going to be there be 8:30!!! Although last time I was there before my orthodontist. Oh boy...

Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

turrrtlelove22

#11 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

Hi Denise...I sooo want to eat something but my stomach is churning already!!! The excitement is almost too much to bear...I almost started crying just thinking about it. I know that I'm exaggerating how it will be...that's just natural...I think :roll:

I know I'll be fine and in my head I know that I'll be fine. But just tell my nerves that...I been trying to all day and they are not listening...got a Valium anyone? LOL...j/k

It was this way when I got the spacers in, and once I got started everything was fine. So I have to tell myself things will be ok with this, too. :D :D :D

Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

Aquagirl910

#12 Post by Aquagirl910 »

Good luck! I know you will do fine! I can't wait to hear what happened after your appointment tommorow!

Now in Hawley retainers 24/7 for a year!

Amburly

#13 Post by Amburly »

Good luck tomorrow turrrtlelove22. I hope your banding appt goes as well as mine did.

SDFD TSchott

#14 Post by SDFD TSchott »

Gosh I'm getting impatient now just awaiting for results from your appointment :)

The wait is killing me to see photos and hear your story of how it ended up going.

SDFD TSchott

MarvinBrace

#15 Post by MarvinBrace »

Hi turrrtlelove22,

I hope everything goes OK with you tommorow and I will be here all day tommorow too see your postings, hopefully with some pictures. :wink:

GOODLUCK.....Marvin