CLEATS

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

HeadgearJoe

CLEATS

#1 Post by HeadgearJoe »

well no expander yet , but man the orthodontist put two cleats on the inside of my lower back molors to tip them up right ,WOW OUCH eating wasn't fun at all , i can't swallow at all without the darn cleats tearing into my tounge :cry: boy this outa be fun , oh yea colors this month are , red on top an red an green on bottom, an no end in site , yea ha, HEADGEARJOE
braces off 1/31/08 wearing bonded retainers with a nightsplint, will get removable hawleys 2/21/08

Tamms

#2 Post by Tamms »

Ouch! Try puting lots of wax on those cleats. That's what I did and now I'm used to them and they rarely bother me anymore. but definitely at the beginning I waxed those babies up good all the time! Esp. when eating!

Hope they are feeling better soon!

Tammy :)

HeadgearJoe

#3 Post by HeadgearJoe »

good morning , yes the cleat has elastics , it hooks onto the cleat inside on the molor then hooks to the outside of the molor above it to tip the lower molor upright V on both sides , i'm back to wearing four elastics agian , this morning i woke up very very sore , so at 6am i called an left a message with my orthodontist to see what he could do if anything , i have seen what is called a button cleat its round an smooooth i'll ask if he can get something like that , hgjoe
braces off 1/31/08 wearing bonded retainers with a nightsplint, will get removable hawleys 2/21/08

Pirate Wench

#4 Post by Pirate Wench »

:( Sorry to hear about your cleats.....I can imagine that they are very painful until you get used to them.

Good luck. I hope there is something the ortho can do for you.

HeadgearJoe

#5 Post by HeadgearJoe »

hi all , well the call to my ortho was great , he has ordered the buttons, there round an should do better he thinks , he also told me that if i couldn't stand them to come in and the would be removed till the buttons come in , i'll try to keep whats in there till the others come in , because i don't want to lose any movement that has started, so guess i'll wax wax wax till my buttons come back, hgjoe