Ok how many people have stopped eatting sugar?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kat

Ok how many people have stopped eatting sugar?

#1 Post by Kat »

I must admit I eat it all the time.
I brush but I'm eatting it.

cowlypso

#2 Post by cowlypso »

mmmmm.... pudding.... That's one of those great no-chew foods for sore days, right? And sugar-free pudding just tastes icky.

thesallymonster

#3 Post by thesallymonster »

psssh, there's no way I'm gonna stop eating sugar when I get those braces on, even though one of those paperwork things I got today from the ortho says I shouldn't. I'll definitely be eating ice cream, pudding, and milkshakes on those first few days, and then move on to cake and cheesecake and chocolate. . . mmmmmm. . .

ghostmyimag3

#4 Post by ghostmyimag3 »

only things i've changed is i dont drink anything that isnt a diet drink and i've cut out alot of my chocolate.
Maybe i've cut 70% of my sugar intake that isn't already in the food i eat but i guess what i'm saying is i dont snack on things like i used to unless its sugar free and for the most part healthy?
Metal braces on Uppers and lowers-November 8, 2006

Pirate Wench

#5 Post by Pirate Wench »

:shock: :shock: :shock: Give up SUGAR.....are you NUTS :shock: :shock: :shock:

I simply can't give up my chocolate......I totally believe that chocolate is "good" for you. If it is milk chocolate then you get your dairy from the milk part....fiber from the coco beans......the sugar is just the added bonus!!! :lol:

I have never been a pop drinker so that isn't an issue, but I am a true chocoholic. I search the house for chocolate pretty much every day.

Anticipator

#6 Post by Anticipator »

It's impossible to give it up completely, but I've certainly decreased my intake on it.

I've been pretty good at avoiding sodas and soft drinks since getting braces, and candy and other stuff that's primarily sugar has been greatly decreased.
Upper and lower metal braces
Estimated treatment time: 20 months

Catmom

#7 Post by Catmom »

I have to admit that I've INCREASED my sugar intake since getting braced!! My excuse was the pain from the braces, however, that's now settling down, so I'm trying to get back on track. This is really a problem as I'm being tested for diabetes and should be watching how much sugar I eat!!!

I have given up on some of the coffee, though, as I don't need the stimulation from both coffee and sugar!!!! :-*

ame_malia

#8 Post by ame_malia »

Give up sugar? Are you crazy? Ok, number one, I'm from Texas, so I can't live without my sweet tea (cold or hot), and I also live close enough to Dublin, Texas to be able to get Dublin Dr Pepper. Mmmm... Dr Pepper! And Dublin is so much better than the original - its made with real sugar instead of corn syrup.
And I have to admit that I do love my chocolate. :)
I did try to cut down on my sugar intake at first, but I failed for the most part. I figure it doesn't matter too much though, since I brush like 10 times a day sometimes, whereas pre-braces I only brushed about twice a day.

newmetal

#9 Post by newmetal »

I still eat everything i use to and brush the normal twice a day, ill probably wake up one day and have no teeth.

Newmetal

newmetal

#10 Post by newmetal »

I still eat everything i use to and brush the normal twice a day, ill probably wake up one day and have no teeth.

Newmetal

newmetal

#11 Post by newmetal »

Newmetal

Matty

#12 Post by Matty »

I still eat suger too. And drink diet soda. And eat hard things (but not hard/chewy candy!!!). :cry: I'm a very bad girl.

JumpTheDitch

#13 Post by JumpTheDitch »

Sorry guys, looks like I'm letting the side down but I have to say my sugar intake has probably more than halved since getting braces. :crazy:

It wasn't an intention, more a side effect, or to be perfectly honest, mostly laziness; I just couldn't be bothered brushing my teeth more than the 2-4 times a day I already do. I guess braces has made me more aware of dental health in general, especially with these lovely molar bands and brackets for nasty cavity-making stuff to hide in.

In my defence, I haven't been silly enough to sacrifice sugar in my coffee! :thumbsup:

Delag

#14 Post by Delag »

Ah sugar....my drug of choice. Sweet melt in your mouth chocolate, crispy cookies, frozen mocha, chai tea, rolos, OH OH OH - my new Christmas recipe that my sister gave me.....fake toffee. Grease a cookie sheet and lay down salty crackers - the white square kind. Melt two sticks of butter and one cup of brown sugar till it boils. Pour this over the crackers and bake in a 400 degree oven for 5 to 7 min (keep a really close eye on it because it is important it doesnt burn). Top with one bag of chocolate chips and spread it like frosting. You can add chopped nuts to the top. This is not very braces friendly, but like most things where there is a will there is a way. No, I can't give up my sugar.

jdub

#15 Post by jdub »

I've recently (before braces) started to lose weight and cutting out sugar has been a big part of that. I also knew that I was supposed to cut back with braces so that was extra incentive to let it go. So, the braces weren't the main reason for doing it but they still had an influence.

And, now that I'm braced and I can't chew, I don't see myself eating much outside of meals anyway - sugar or not.

JDub