I get my braces on Wednesday!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jc75

I get my braces on Wednesday!

#1 Post by jc75 »

Hi Everyone

After all the delays and complications over the past couple of months or so I am glad to say that I am finally getting my braces on Wednesday! The timing is a bit off as I have my work christmas meal on Thursday lunchtime, another family meal on Friday and, of course, Christmas dinner a week today, but I am sure I can handle it. At least I will be at home and there will be plenty of goings-on to occupy me! I just hope I don't have any problems like sticky out wires or anything over the christmas period as my ortho's office will be closed.

Anyway, I will let you know how I get on.

karebear46168

#2 Post by karebear46168 »

Congrats on your brace day! please use KK's advice and start your salt water rinses! and she also suggests using plenty of lip balm so that you will be more comfortable during the process.

Please let us know how it goes.

again congrats! :jump:

Tin Indian

#3 Post by Tin Indian »

:D Congrats jc75,
And don't forget about a potty break before and pain meds when you need them and use braces wax if needed. Let us know how it went!
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08

MarvinBrace

#4 Post by MarvinBrace »

Hello jc75,

I just want to wish you good luck on your B-Day.
I got my braces today in the morning, until now everything is smooth. I hope it stays like that...lol. :lol:
Keep us informed and post your story and pics in the "brace stories forum".

Bye...Marvin

sarahxxx

Hi

#5 Post by sarahxxx »

Hi jc75,

Lots of luck with getting your braces. I got mine last wednesday and apart from the soreness I am glad I am on my way to my new teeth. Hope you enjoy christmas, Im sure all the good times will take your mind off your mouth and make things easier. Happy Christmas and heres to perfect teeth in the new year xx ps. salt water is great as is bonjela!

Sarah

overseasmel

#6 Post by overseasmel »

Good luck Good luck Good luck!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Braced 20 Nov 06. Sentenced to 18-30 months. Released 23 Feb 09 (27 months and 3 days).
Uppers: 3M Clarity Ceramic. Lowers: Damon 3MX.
SARPE 21 April 06 and 7.5 months in expander (on for 2 weeks before surgery), turning to a width of 14.5mm.

iBorg

#7 Post by iBorg »

Good luck.
Most people on the list will tell you that the first few days with the spacers are the worst. The important thing is this is a procedure (most people on this forum refer to it as a journey) that hopefully will make a positive improvement for the rest of your life.

As for wisdom (thanks to KK), this is what she was told from her ortho on the day she got her braces:

Don't let braces change your daily life ...
Let this be a positive experience ...
Braces don't stop you from doing things, you do that ...
Attitude is everything ...

Finally take pictures before the braces, and pictures in the first two days with braces. When you get disgusted with the process, look at the progress shown in those pictures. Even after a couple of weeks, they’ll give you great encouragement.

Welcome to the board.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

turrrtlelove22

#8 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

Good luck on wednesday...I'm sure all will go fine. I've been braces one week today!!!
LiFe iS A HoOt iF You arE aN oWL...O.o

Sept. 28 ~ Consult with Orthodontist
Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

dymond25

#9 Post by dymond25 »

Good luck with everything; I know you must be overly joyed :).

jc75

#10 Post by jc75 »

Thank you all so much for your words of encouragement. Well today is the big day but I still have to get through almost an entire working day yet. I'm feeling pretty good about it all. I didn't wake up this morning thinking "Oh no, I get my brace today!", it was more a case of "yay! It's nearly Christmas!". I'm pretty sure all the excitement and festivities are going to help me through the first few days and I'm determined to get on with things as normal.

Oh well, about 6 hours to go. I will let you know how it went tomorrow. I'm not actually sure what I'll be getting today - I am due for ceramics on top, metals on bottom and a palatal arch with nance button, but I will be surprised if I get all of that today.

ahamiam1

#11 Post by ahamiam1 »

Hope all went well getting braced today! I got mine on Monday and all is well. Pressure on the teeth and using wax for pokey areas, but nothing too horrible (braces on bottom teeth only). Can't wait to hear how things went for you today!!!