Is this true???

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

MarvinBrace

Is this true???

#1 Post by MarvinBrace »

Hi everyone,

I just want to ask you something. :roll:
The phrase "NO PAIN...NO GAIN", when it comes to braces does it means if you don't have pain there is no movements? :?

Why I'm asking this; cos I read alot of post where people say they do feel pain/some pain a few hours after being braced and until now (30 hours later) I don't feel anything (yet).
Maybe the wire is too thin to work on my teeth? :cry:
Or am I one of the lucky ones until now? :wink:

Bye...Marvin.

Rickysa

#2 Post by Rickysa »

Marvin,

No worries! The wire is working....consider yourself lucky this time :D

Dr. S
-Grad of UNC Ortho '92 (research centered around ceramic brackets)

Thumbellina

#3 Post by Thumbellina »

Hey Marvin,

I've had mine on for 6 days now and they still don't hurt! :lol: I know they are moving because I am having trouble flossing when I didn't before (and believe me, they will feel a little bruised when you press on them like I tend to do :roll: ) but no real pain :D

I am sure it will come over the next few years but that is what drugs are for :P Enjoy the ride - I bet it is enough for you right now to get used to the brackets and pokey-bits let alone pain :)

iBorg

#4 Post by iBorg »

what I find weird is I'll go a couple of weeks with no pain then I'll have a day or two where my teeth feel sensitive. Then the "pain" goes away. I think a lot of the pain issues are each persons sensitivity and how aggressive the ortho is. For me, I guess I'd rather have a few more months of hard flossing instead of a pain making me wonder why in the ...... did I do this.

Mike
Last edited by iBorg on Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

MarvinBrace

#5 Post by MarvinBrace »

Hi everybody,

I just want to thank you all for responding to my post.
So my conclusion is; "NO PAIN...BUT WELL GAIN."
Hopefully I'm one of the lucky ones that don't have pain on my first days with braces. I don't use OTC meds. and either wax. (until now) :lol:

If I have any other questions, you will here more about me. :wink:

Bye....Marvin

SDFD TSchott

#6 Post by SDFD TSchott »

When I first got my braces I had no pain until my first adjustment! After that I was all good!

SDFD TSchott

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

ame_malia

#7 Post by ame_malia »

I think whether you have pain or not is dependent on the individual and how well you take pain; not whether things are moving or not. For me, my braces have made me sore for the first couple of days after adjustments, but the only part that was actually painful was the spacers.

LadyTr0uble

#8 Post by LadyTr0uble »

MarvinBrace: Lucky you! I am so jealous!

I think the pain depends on the person (their teeth, pain tolerance..) and just because you don't feel any discomfort doesn't mean that your teeth aren't making any progress.

I didnt have any discomfort between the initial shockof being braced and the second adjustment, but my two incisors have moved together and straightened in that time frame.