have you ever heard of this????

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bckydgardnr

have you ever heard of this????

#1 Post by bckydgardnr »

At my adjustment today, my ortho said at the next visit he wants to fix the crossbite of a back molar. In order to do this he gave me two options. 1. a bar across my pallet to push out the right side of my jaw (which he said would be very uncomfortable) and 2. a metal bar across the front of my teeth that would extend from molar to molar. He said that option is much more tolerable. I chose option 2...but, I have no idea what this is going to be like. Has anyone seen or experienced this?

Gardnr
bckydgardnr
braced 1/18/05

Rickysa

#2 Post by Rickysa »

Yep,

1. Either push the tooth out of crossbite (with a Transpalatal arch=TPA)

or

2. Pull the tooth out of crossbite with an arch bar (most likely into the headgear tubes on the bands)

Dr. S
-Grad of UNC Ortho '92 (research centered around ceramic brackets)