Smell?????

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jodie

Smell?????

#1 Post by jodie »

OK, this is rather embarrasing.
I had braces put on last friday.
I am brushing/rinsing at least 5 times a day. I am yet to find floss threaders at a chemist.
But I have noticed that when I touch the brackets (the ones with the hooks) at the back of my mouth, they are starting to smell. Just like when I got my spacers taken out. Well maybe not that bad but its still not that plesant and I am worried about having bad breath.

Is this normal?

Thanks
Jodie

MsTiaLia

#2 Post by MsTiaLia »

You can go to www.jawproducts.com and click on 'Oral Care' and they have the threaders on there. Flossing should definitely help with the smell:) Good Luck!

ngbraces

#3 Post by ngbraces »

jodie,
Once I ran out of floss threaders, I used a clean tweezer to grab the other end of the floss while I was sliding it under the wire. :idea: It worked so well to me that I didn't need threaders any more. Since then, a tweezer has belonged to my dental kit. Hope this will work for you too. :-}