New stuff...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Amburly

New stuff...

#1 Post by Amburly »

I went in today for my first ever adjustment. I was hoping for a new wire or something but sadly the assistant said that I wasn't quite ready for that but that I could get wire ties on some of my teeth if I really wanted them. I said YES YES YES, whatever I need to get my teeth to move. She put the ties on a couple of teeth that are out of line. And then, she said that she could put a spring in to push my other teeth back to make room for one tooth that is behind the others. I am so excited to see some progress with all this new stuff.
Oh and I told my ortho about my clenching my teeth at night and he gave me this little protector thing to wear at night. It's not a mouth guard, this thing just fits between your teeth to cushion your bite. I hope it works because I wake up with sore jaws.

I'll try to post some pics of my new spring in my story a little later
How fast did people see results from a spring???
Last edited by Amburly on Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chris

Re: New stuff...

#2 Post by Chris »

[quote]Oh and I told my ortho about my clenching my teeth at night and he gave me this little protector thing to wear at night. It's not a mouth guard, this thing just fits between your teeth to cushion your bite. I hope it works because I wake up with sore jaws.[quote]
Can you post of photo of this "protector" too?
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

Amburly

#3 Post by Amburly »

Sure! My ortho said that it looks like it won't stay in my mouth but that amazingly it does. I'll see how I like it and hopefully it will help with the clenching.

ishasha

#4 Post by ishasha »

I wonder how they know if you are "ready for" a new wire or not. I have only been braced for a little more than 1 month and 3 weeks. Since I had to go in quite a few times for some emergency, they have already changed my wire 3 times. Last one lasted for about 20 days and the assistant said "you are ready for it". :?:

Oh well, I guess it's always a good thing.
Uppers braced on 10/24/2006
Lowers braced on 6/25/2007

Higgy

#5 Post by Higgy »

I had a spring....saw some movement after about the first month....then got a powerchain....now back to the spring and so far haven't seen any movement yet.

Amburly

#6 Post by Amburly »

Merry Christmas to everyone!!!

Well I have had the "cushion" for a couple of night now and WOW what a difference. It was uncomfortable at first but now I LOVE it. I am working on getting a picture but I can't find my USB cord so be patient and I will go buy a new one.

Chris

#7 Post by Chris »

Patiently waiting!

I love that smiley drinking coffee! :lol:
Top Braces June 2004
Debanded January 2007

SDFD TSchott

#8 Post by SDFD TSchott »

lol where do you guys find these other smilies at? I have looked in a few locations but cannot find any!

SDFD TSchott

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

Chris

#9 Post by Chris »

I just do a google search "smilies" and you get loads of websites.
Top Braces June 2004
Debanded January 2007

SDFD TSchott

#10 Post by SDFD TSchott »

*Gets hit with a dozon bricks!*

Why didn't I think of that!

SDFD TSchott

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008