1 year down, 1 more to go!! (Progress pics)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

luxekitty

1 year down, 1 more to go!! (Progress pics)

#1 Post by luxekitty »

I have to say that the last year has been amazing and life changing. I never thought I'd be this happy with my smile, ever. Even though its far from "finished" its still a world of difference.

I've found my braces experience to be nothing but enjoyable. Sure adjustments, extractions and spacers hurt, but its NOTHING compared to all the benefits. :)

If anyone is on the fence about getting braces, don't wait! Even though I'm in my early 20's they haven't stopped me from having any fun..or meeting guys.

Circles indicate teeth that were extracted, I had 4 total. (2 on top, 2 on bottom)

Braces off 9/19/08!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jembrace

#2 Post by Jembrace »

WOW, what a difference!! Looks like you've made great progress in a year. :D I wish you much more success on your journey to a better smile!

Jembrace

lionfish

#3 Post by lionfish »

Incredible progress, you've come a long way in 12 months.

jennielee81

#4 Post by jennielee81 »

Very nice!

I see some very "different" stuff going on in your mouth!

I've not seen plain wire around teeth without brackets before. Very interresting. I'm curious to watch your progress!! :D

Keep us posted!

Jenn
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

iBorg

#5 Post by iBorg »

Looks good... still a bit of moveent to go but you must be thrilled!

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

LucyVanity

#6 Post by LucyVanity »

That is great! ^___^ I'm glad that this was and will continue to be an enjoyable experience for you.

fitchick

#7 Post by fitchick »

Great pics. Those last comparisons are unbelievable. Good advice too, I agree, the benefits far outway the occasional aches and pains and discomfort.

Good luck for your future treatment and lots more progress.

Julie
[/url]
Jun06 Lower brace on
Aug06 Root Canals completed
Mar07 Upper Brace on
July08 Braces off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ishasha

#8 Post by ishasha »

Great progress! Congratulations! :thumbsup:
Uppers braced on 10/24/2006
Lowers braced on 6/25/2007

sjsarre

#9 Post by sjsarre »

Excellent progress... I can see why you are so happy!!

:D

turrrtlelove22

#10 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

WHOA!!! awesome possum progress!!! Moving right along!!! Good Luck!!!... :D :D :D
LiFe iS A HoOt iF You arE aN oWL...O.o

Sept. 28 ~ Consult with Orthodontist
Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

hannah164

#11 Post by hannah164 »

Luxekitty!

Congratulations! Your progress is absolutely amazing! So glad to hear you're soo happy with your smile and you should be! Your ortho is using some interesting techniques to move your teeth but it definitely seems to be working! :D ITs looking lovely! Love your ligs! KEep us posted!

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05
Braces OFF! November 1, 2006
Retainers: November 8, 2006
:D

Granola

#12 Post by Granola »

Wow, your smile is looking so great. I would be very excited about that kind of progress! Congrats, and enjoy all of the positive changes, with more to come. :jump:
Uppers placed 2/8/06--Inspire ICE ceramics
Lower (stainless) placed 2/23/06
Treatment time: 17 months (estimated was 12-18 months)
Debonded: July 11th, 2007
Next appointment: June 2008 for retainer & nightguard check

luxekitty

#13 Post by luxekitty »

Thank you everybody! :) A year has made a major difference, the most difference in how I feel about myself. Now I open my mouth when I speak, I laugh with my mouth open and just smile a lot more. :)

My ortho said my case was pretty complicated because I had major crowing and those two top teeth were BEHIND my two front teeth. So he had to do the extractions, make space for them and is now pulling them forward with wire.

I don't think he could've braced them because they were SO far back, the pics don't really show how far behind the rest of my teeth they are. No brace wire could bend like that. =p Same for the bottom 2 I believe, but it just wasn't as bad.

My next big milestone will be when the 4 remaining teeth get braced, that should happen either next month or Feb. :D
Braces off 9/19/08!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

valster

#14 Post by valster »

Looking great, and such awesome improvement!

Congratulations!