I've got myself a loverly loose molar band...**o_0** Update!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

turrrtlelove22

I've got myself a loverly loose molar band...**o_0** Update!

#1 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

So I guess I picked the worst weekend to have a loose band. I didn't notice it until Friday evening. I think it was before that tho. I'm thinking like the the first week when I was able to bite and my molars met...hmmm... Who knows... Bleh... It's on my right side. The side I chew on more out of habit. The left side had a cavity in my filling that made it painful to chew on that side. The filling is fixed, but still a little sensitive sometime...Bleh...again.

Anywho...I wiggled it a little just to make sure and THE most horrid smell came out!!!...GAH...I wanted to scream!!! I've had a bad taste in my mouth ever since. I couldn't really enjoy my food this weekend. I used the waterpik after every meal or brushed. I've gotten so anal about my teeth. I cannot tolerate knowing there are chunks of food just sitting there. I just have to get rid of it.

Bless the person who invented the waterpik!!! I love you whoever you are!!! <3<3<3...I used one of the thin tips to clean around that band to get rid of that taste and smell. It worked for the most part really well. It's still ther I think but its not AS bad....grrr

I'm going to call the orthodontist first thing in the morning and pray that they are open...I didn't even try today knowing that was out of the question being Chrismas and all. I'm scared I'm going to get fussed at...LOL...I feel like it was something I did wrong...or ate wrong...LOL. But it moved whn my tooth moved...I think...oh well...I guess I'll find out tommorrow or the next few days....bleh...hehe :D :D :D
Last edited by turrrtlelove22 on Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
LiFe iS A HoOt iF You arE aN oWL...O.o

Sept. 28 ~ Consult with Orthodontist
Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

Gennel

#2 Post by Gennel »

I'm assuming your molar band was cemented on?... The first time my ortho put the molar band on it was with cement but it was just a tiny amount. Since then I have had it removed at least 2 more times and each time more cement was added,which freaks me out to think when they got to remove it again in a few weeks :(

Did yours just slide off? Do wear a expander or is the molar band on for a different reason?

I also use the waterpik at least 2 times a day now and brush like 4 times a day. Today I got an Oral B Vitality electric brush as a stocking suffer,it stays constantly on it's charger and it works AMAZING!!!!

Gennel

turrrtlelove22

#3 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

Yea...I watched her put the cement stuff on. I'm assuming that's what she used. I think it's just too big...it went on waaaay to easily. And I proly knocked it loose biting down. I thought for sure that was what I was whacking my tooth on. I asked her about it and she said it was fine. So I assumed so.

It didn't slide of it just shifts up and down. I think the only thing keeping it from sliding off is the tie-backs. It's looped arounbd something on the band and is tied figure-eight style on the three teeth in front of it and the archwired is hooked at the end as well.

I don't have an expander...(yay), I think the molar band is being used as an anchor while the archiwre and tiebacks tilt my flared teeth back upright...at least that's how I understood it when she explained it.

I use the waterpik and brush several times a day, too!!!...hhehe. I think I'm going to get that tommorrow. I say it on Martha recently...lol. Guess I could give it a try.... :D :D :D

Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

SDFD TSchott

#4 Post by SDFD TSchott »

I think that there is possible the molar band could of been loose allowing food to get trapped, when you can contact your ortho and see if they can change it to a tighter one or see whats up with the current one!

SDFD TSchott

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

Gennel

#5 Post by Gennel »

My molar bands did NOT go on easily.They were a tight fit and the ortho had to rock the molar band back and forth until it was pressed firmly down. Maybe your molarband was not down enough and it's very possible that when you used to bite down it was like hitting it with a "little hammer" to loosen it :( I remember each molar band was a different size ,one is a 37 and the other is a 38

Gennel

turrrtlelove22

#6 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

Oh...that don't not sound like fun Gennell. I don't think it was on or down far enough either. The band was about even with the biting surfaces of my tooth. Like I said I asked her about and she had me bite down and said it was fine. We'll see tommorrow or whenever I can get in there. I'm afraid it's been loose for longer then I realized and I really hope I can get in tommorrow.

Another thing, I'm thinking I may have clenched it loose. I thought I wouldn't have that problem now that I go braces, but boy was I wrong. It's still the same if not worse. I make a conscious effort NOT to do it before I sleep. And yet I wake up to clenched teeth and my tongue pressing hard on my already terribley flared teeth..*sigh* I must ask about that, too.

On a good note my bottom teeth are on the move!!! (Except my 2 front teeth...-_-) Especially the bottom arch. I can really tell they are being pulled back...YAY GO TIE-BACKS GO!!! Tommorrow will be 2 weeks. The time has just flown by!!! 2 years will be gone in no time!!!

Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

turrrtlelove22

#7 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

So I just called the orthodontist to see if they were open and they were closed for the holidays, of course. So I called the emergency number and it just so happens that she is in town and agreed to meet me at the office to get it fixed. So I'll be on my way in the next hour or so...yay. I'm glad it worked out... :D :D :D

Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

Emerald

#8 Post by Emerald »

Hopefully you can get it sorted out soon :)
Last edited by Emerald on Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emerald
I had self-ligating braces for 4 years & 8 months.

I'm now in Hawley retainers for top jaw (during day) and Essix retainers for bottom jaw (at night).

I had Jaw surgery on 14th July 2008

Please see blog for more details:

http://emeraldsdentaldiary.blogspot.com

Emerald

#9 Post by Emerald »

Hopefully you can get it sorted out soon :)
Emerald
I had self-ligating braces for 4 years & 8 months.

I'm now in Hawley retainers for top jaw (during day) and Essix retainers for bottom jaw (at night).

I had Jaw surgery on 14th July 2008

Please see blog for more details:

http://emeraldsdentaldiary.blogspot.com

turrrtlelove22

#10 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

Once again I love my orthodontist. She is so nice...**^^** It was weird tho with no one there. Anywho. It was loose. She put the same one back on after she cleaned the band and my tooth. It felt so unstable when the tie-backs and archwire came off...LOL. :lol: She said that if it comes loose again I would need to get a smaller size put on. She ground down some of the edge of the band and that was so much better, cuz it was the hammering effect that knocked it loose in the first place.

I got new colors...YAY...navy on bottom and light blue on top. It all took about 30 minutes. Even though it's the same wire she snipped the ends and turned them down so it's slightly tighter and even more so with new ligatures.

So needless to say I'm a little achey about 4 hrs later...I got one tooth thats hurting worse than anything ever has...bleh...I took some Aleve tho.

I'll be posting some 2 week fotos later today with my loverly new colors...hehe...

I's still excited by the way...LOL :D :D :D

Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

turrrtlelove22

#11 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

Yea a new adjustment that was nice...hehe. I noticed when I looked in the mirror, the length of wire she hooked at both ends was way longer than it was initially...yay movement!!!... :D :D :D

Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

Jembrace

#12 Post by Jembrace »

VERY nice you were able to get your problem fixed! Murphy's law was in effect yet again, it seems! LOL! Neat to hear you got the adjustment and new, colorful ligs, too. I'll be looking forward to pics!

Jembrace
3 weeks, 2 days in braces

turrrtlelove22

#13 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

I updated my blog, Jembrace...there are some new clearer pics on there and here. I know this is proly a little late, but yea I'm glad is all good. I heard and felt a little cracking and popping. I really hope nothing else is coming undone...that blasted Murphy's Law!!!...LOL... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!