Deserts

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

dymond25

Deserts

#1 Post by dymond25 »

I have a sweet tooth :twisted: . What do you eat for desert? Please share. Can I have a rice krispy treat?

lionfish

#2 Post by lionfish »

What is a rice krispy treat, dymond?

I love chocolate. A nice way to eat chocolate, I find, is to break off a block, place it on the roof of your mouth and let it melt there.

I had a fair helping of Xmas pudding and cake a few days ago. I like anything with boiled fruit in it.

Mostly I eat fruit for dessert and as it's summer in Australia all the lovely stone fruit are available: mangoes, peaches, nectarines. I bought a tray of each before Xmas, as the OH loves fruit as well. We go through masses of the stuff.

lionfish

#3 Post by lionfish »

Thanks.

That sounds like something that would wrap itself around braces in next to no time. It would also go straight to my thighs.

Jillianleab

#4 Post by Jillianleab »

mmmmm.... rice krispy treats! For those who are don't know, it's Rice Krispies cereal with melted marshmellows mixed in, then pressed into a pan and cooled, then cut into squares. yummy!

Dymond, I eat pretty much everything I ate before braces. You can have a rice krispy treat, but you may want to break it into smaller pieces instead of chomping right in. As far as soft stuff goes, chocolate mousse, cheesecake, custard pies, ice cream, etc. Brownies are always good, cookies too. I'd avoid things like Gobstoppers or Jawbreakers, but that's about it.

Happy eating!
~jlb~

Braced 5/19/06 - Full Metal Mouth!
Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

See my braces story with lots of pics here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 2806#92806

dymond25

#5 Post by dymond25 »

Thanks, have anyone been risky enough to eat nuts? I am really glad to hear that I can eat rice krispy. Can we eat rasins? Can we eat veggie chips? They are crunchy. They are one of my favorite snacks. I hope this is not a silly. Is the reason we can not eat hard is b/c of the teeth been loose?

dymond25

#6 Post by dymond25 »

Thanks Meryaten,

I am glad to hear that with the use of common sense I can eat just about anything. My Ortho said no candy or sticky foods, but he gave me an apple on the way out the door. He said to cut it up in little pieces and no biting into things. I guess I am nervous but this is a new process for me. I ate my first sandwhich today and I feel like that is a huge accomplishment :). I still have a bit of tenderness but it is so much better than it was. The only thing that is scary is the teeth looseness. I hope my teeth don't pop out. I thought the looseness would come later in my treatment, but that just shows that things are moving along. Do anyone eat Carribou coffee bars or is that pushing it? And, is nuts okay to eat? I love nuts and rasins in my cereal. I would hate to go without those.

Tin Indian

#7 Post by Tin Indian »

:D Peanut Brittle- yum yum yum
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08

lionfish

#8 Post by lionfish »

Dymond, I eat cashews regularly, but I chew them very carefully.

I eat raisins and chips with no problems.

Glad to hear you had a sandwich - that is really good!

What is a carribou coffee bar?

Jillianleab

#9 Post by Jillianleab »

Nuts and rasins should be no problem. I'm munching on peanut M&M's right now, actually! I'm not wild about rasins, but love dried cranberries and they give me no trouble. The key really is common sense, and don't push it, if you aren't comfortable eating something - don't! But no need to worry about your teeth falling out, you're much more likely to pop a bracket or bend a wire!

The only thing I can think of that I tried to eat and just couldn't was cracklin' (it's a southern thing, my brother bought it and made me try it) - it was just TOO HARD. Good thing it was nasty too.... :yuck:
~jlb~

Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

LucyVanity

#10 Post by LucyVanity »

eh my rule is generally "if I can clean it later, I'll eat it now." soooo rice krispies are a go! XD I don't think I've made any changes in what desserts I eat o.O

lionfish

#11 Post by lionfish »

Jillianleab wrote:
The only thing I can think of that I tried to eat and just couldn't was cracklin' (it's a southern thing, my brother bought it and made me try it) - it was just TOO HARD. Good thing it was nasty too.... :yuck:
If that's pork crackling you're talking about, I absolutely love the stuff. I like it crispy on the outside and slightly rubbery on the inside, yummo. No-one in our circle had it on offer over Xmas.....probably just as well.

Dramagyrl

#12 Post by Dramagyrl »

Like everyone else is saying, you can eat anything. Just be more aware and conscious how you are doing it and you should be fine.

I still eat lots of nuts or foods with nuts in them, but I make a point of putting them between the back molars and chewing them, rather than biting them with the front teeth. As for rice krispy squares, I actually had one today. Not an ultra-sticky one, so certainly not a problem. I've eaten much stickier and got away with it.

I think the only thing I have not been brave enough to do is bite into a softer apple. I still cut them into pieces to eat them. Then agian, my favourite are Granny Smiths, and those are hard to bite right into - with or without braces lol.

dymond25

#13 Post by dymond25 »

Thanks Everyone,

I love cracklins!!! I am from the South and they are very known item that way. I have not had any in a while though. I eat mine with Hot sauce. Yummy!!!

Jillianleab

#14 Post by Jillianleab »

lionfish yes, I mean pork cracklin! The stuff I had was rock hard through and through - maybe I need to try a different batch!
~jlb~

Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

turrrtlelove22

#15 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

Thanks, have anyone been risky enough to eat nuts? I am really glad to hear that I can eat rice krispy. Can we eat rasins? Can we eat veggie chips? They are crunchy. They are one of my favorite snacks. I hope this is not a silly. Is the reason we can not eat hard is b/c of the teeth been loose?

I have to admit I did indulge in some Doritos and raw almonds while my band was loose...I know it was risky but I figured what the hay? It's made me a litle nervous to try it again. I like those veggie chips, too. I just let them get a little soft in my mouth before biting.

A lot of the time I make good use of the molars not banded or bracketed...comes in handy. In any event they need to be pulled I will be sad...LOL... :D :D :D
LiFe iS A HoOt iF You arE aN oWL...O.o

Sept. 28 ~ Consult with Orthodontist
Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!