Ceramic on top?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

DancerJBH4

Ceramic on top?

#1 Post by DancerJBH4 »

I have all the bands on my molars (upper and lower) already. I have the bottom braces on too. They are the traditional metal braces. I don't have anything on my top teeth except for the two bands on the molars in the back. Is it possible to have the top braces (when they get put on) to be ceramic instead of metal like the bottom ones? Because i wanted invisalign but that wouldn't work for me.

Julie08

It's possible!

#2 Post by Julie08 »

That's exactly what I'll have - ceramic on uppers (already have those) and metal on lowers (hopefully next month). This was not my choice -- my ortho will not put ceramic on the lowers. I'm not exactly sure why.

JoviFan

Re: It's possible!

#3 Post by JoviFan »

Julie08 wrote:That's exactly what I'll have - ceramic on uppers (already have those) and metal on lowers (hopefully next month). This was not my choice -- my ortho will not put ceramic on the lowers. I'm not exactly sure why.
Mine said metals on lowers usually cuz you hardly see peoples lower teeth! so I guess think of it that you're saving a little money! LOL

KDangel18

#4 Post by KDangel18 »

I have upper ceramic and lower metal, because it is true that you dont really notice the bottom ones. I was told that women and top teeth speakers, while men are speak more using their bottom teeth. Since I dont get color ligs on my top ceramics, I do enjoy getting them on the metal bottom ones, which adds personality to my mouth without everyone else seeing it :wink:

Upper-Ceramic
Lower-Metal
Braced 2/22/06
Removed 5/23/07

neelie

#5 Post by neelie »

Same here. I wanted invisalign but they wouldn't work for me either. My ortho recommended ceramic on top and metal on bottom. At my age, 56, I don't want the braces to show any more than they have to. Unfortunately the archwire on top is metal cause the ceramic colored wire wouldn't work for me. I can't remember why. I also go with clear ligs. Braced on Oct. 5 and I already see lots of progress but have to be honest I don't like wearing them but it was a now or never situation. I'm glad I finally got brave enough to take this BIG step.