hd2755 is cleared for takeoff on the braces runway

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

hd2755

hd2755 is cleared for takeoff on the braces runway

#1 Post by hd2755 »

i just got back from the doc and i am cleared to go. so it looks like i am now preparing myself mentally for the reality that is coming next Tuesday 1-2-07 my brace day. now i do really have the scorching case of the stomach willies. it is going to be a reality . wish me luck fellow archwired members. will see you all in the land of metal mouths shortly. EEKS :shock: . will try to post one day before to get a last minute pep rally. but as of now wish me luck, thank you all for the mental help during this life changing event. you all are awesome. and for my employer Home Depot for offering the insurance for this.

Louis

SDFD TSchott

#2 Post by SDFD TSchott »

Louis,

Congrats for getting the all clear to take off for brace land :) I'm sure everything will go great just for you and that you will have nothing to worry about. Looking forward to hearing your story some more and don't forget to take pre-brace pictures and day one pictures and to continue on with the photos to show yourself the progress you've made!

Congrats again and thank god for
HOME DEPOT getting that Ortho insurance, I found out that I will be able to use that and I also got a HealthAllie Discount card to save me a little more on the ortho work!

SDFD TSchott

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

dymond25

#3 Post by dymond25 »

You will be fine. Good luck and I can not wait to hear your story :).

Skylark

#4 Post by Skylark »

Hey Louis,

I totally understand your nerves because my brace day is also 2nd Jan!! Like you said in your other post, I get so close to phoning the ortho and calling it off, but it's a bit late for that now! And once they're on, the nerves won't be this bad again!

What are you having done? I'm having ceramic uppers to correct a couple of crooked teeth - one that's too far up (an extrusion?) and one that's too far down so my whole bite on one side is on that tooth.

I've had them before as a teenager and can honestly say I'm not too bothered about the pain as it doesn't last more than a couple of days and at least you know it's working! But I'm dreading people looking at my mouth and asking questions.....

Keep me posted on how you're doing - I've got the feeling I'll be on here lots as this site is great and very reassuring!

Good luck! (mine's at 9am so at least I can't spend the day worrying!)

x

Jembrace

#5 Post by Jembrace »

Best of luck to you on getting braced! Your mouth will feel strange at first, but after a few weeks, you'll start getting used to everything.

Jembrace
1st wire change June 2007

~No dream is ever lost if we never cease to try~
Moody Blues

manglemouth

#6 Post by manglemouth »

How'd it go hd2755 and Skylark?

Skylark

#7 Post by Skylark »

Hey Manglemouth,

It went great! I am so happy they're on and the wait is over! I've put most of the details in another post but I can honestly say that they're quite comfy already (I know the pain won't set in for a few hours but I don't mind as at least it's a sign it's working!)

I read your post - it's great that you're so excited about them. As so many people say on here, attitude is everything! Hopefully you'll get started as quickly as possible. I was already having treatment with retainers that wasn't working, but when I switched it took a month from getting the moulds to getting the brace - it would have been quicker if it hadn't been xmas time.

Let me know how your consult goes - you're right that it's important to go with someone you trust. My ortho is great and it makes me feel so much more confident about doing this.

hd2755

hd2755 is BRACED!!! eeks!

#8 Post by hd2755 »

:shock: THIS IS HD2755 REPORTING: THEY ARE ON!!! boy i did have a extreme case of the willies. I will give a readers digest format report here and more at 11 so to speak.
i woke up at my hotel room at 6:00 a.m.
was ready to go at 7:05 am
had the continential breakfast at the hotel at 7:10-7:50 am
went to the cherriot bus stop for 8:20 pickup
then got to the appointment early as usual as it is my style to arrive early, went in and got the paperwork to fill out before i had the paperwork filled out they called my name went into the office at 8:50 for my 9:15 appt. then after that did the more paperwork thing after that they came after me with those metal mold trays with the old stale bubblegum flavored material gagged once but made it through the ordeal, then did the xrays and multiphotos and after that i had the consult with the orthro,
11:30 rolls around and was told to go and eat lunch before the brackets go on. 12:30 BDAY commences by 1:45 it was all over, BY THE WAY CRAZY GLUE FLAVORED ETCHANT IS WRONG mine was LEMONSOUR!!
so here i am with METAL brackets and Silver ligs and a dental kit with a brush and other items and with NO pain YET just lots of pressure(dullness) in nature. went out of the office and i wanted to leave with my :paperbag: but they do feel weird more at 11.

louis

Skylark

#9 Post by Skylark »

Way to go Louis! I thought of you when I was in for mine (I'm a bit ahead as in Uk). Aren't you glad they're on? It's a big relief. My problem tooth has started hurting now but the rest are fine and I managed to eat normally during the day.

When do you go back to work? I go back tomorrow and am nervous but actually they don't look that bad (I looked in the mirror at the ortho's and was pleasantly surpised!)

Keep us posted on your progress!

Skylark