What will you do after it's all over?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

osubeanbags

What will you do after it's all over?

#1 Post by osubeanbags »

I'm very new to this site ... don't even have my braces on yet, those come in February. I've asked a couple questions already, however, and they've all been answered with quick and courteous replies! I'm just wondering what you all will do after the braces come off. As a new guy, I'm hoping you'll stick around to help us out and provide inspiration! Just thought I'd put this out there ... mainly to read your responses, and also partly to introduce myself more and to learn more about everybody =)

honzipe

Re: What will you do after it's all over?

#2 Post by honzipe »

I can't wait to eat an apple (without having to cut it up)

Gennel

#3 Post by Gennel »

I think many of us will stick around this website and share our stories. I think there will be so many people constantly joining that there will always be great tips and advice.
I've only had braces for 6 1/2 months and have been through so much and shed a few tears of pain & frustration. Even with all that I see the light and the end of the tunnel, I don't have to imagine how beautiful my teeth will look like because in 6 months my progress has been beyond amazing.
I think I will celebrate at least for a month and do so many things like constantly run my tongue across my perfectly straight teeth,bite into a slice of cheese just to see a nice round teeth imprint! lol

Gennel

lionfish

#4 Post by lionfish »

I'll probably hang around here, as this site has given me so much support.

As for celebrations....I haven't really thought about this. Maybe I'll go a few rounds with some spare ribs.

chrisk

#5 Post by chrisk »

New glasses, possibly a new hairstyle, and a new photo on my driver's license.

Once the numbness in my palate and teeth settles down, I want to be able to bite into an apple. (I had jaw surgery 4 1/2 months ago) I really miss that crunchy feeling and I have never been able to bite properly into an apple since my overjet was so large.

I also want to be able to eat corn on the cob without leaving half of the corn behind.

SimInsomniac

#6 Post by SimInsomniac »

First I won't be able to stop feeling bare teeth again with my tongue. I miss that feeling so much. Then I'd have to eat things I couldn't, such as whole apples. :HugeGrin:
From my freedom day, I will (hopefully) stick to brushing well twice a day, and keep flossing, using mouthwash, all the things I started during my journey which I never made the effort with before. Braces have taught me so much about hygiene and to take pride in my teeth, and I won't let them return to how they were! I'll probably try pearl drops to whiten my teeth a bit. I won't pay for bleaching though.
I'll also see about getting an appointment with a hygienist as well as my dentist. At the moment, I don't get the privilege because I'm a minor and all my dental and orthodontic work is 100% free. It may cost me/my parents but I want to keep them very clean.
Last but definitely not least, wear my retainer! For as long as I have teeth, I hope to wear them for at least one night a week and immediately get any breakages fixed or changes done if it stops fitting.

Sorry if that was a bit much, but I look forward to the day they come off so much, and I've had 16 months to plan ahead!

Sim
Damon 3 braces for 22.5 months.
30th August 2005 - 13th July 2007

sjsarre

#7 Post by sjsarre »

Yes definitely eating corn ON the cob.

Spare ribs for sure

Having a steak baguette

Tucking into a doorstop cheese burger

joney

#8 Post by joney »

I'm going to smile like a crazy woman to show off my teeth.

Also I can't wait to eat things like baguettes without breaking them up first. To be able to bit huge chunks of food with my front teeth again will be great.

One thing for sure, I will take much better care of my teeth in the future than I have in the past.
2 Extractions 2nd November 2006
Brace On 10th November 2006
Top brace off 26 June 2008 (19 1/2 months)

joney

#9 Post by joney »

I'm going to smile like a crazy woman to show off my teeth.

Also I can't wait to eat things like baguettes without breaking them up first. To be able to bite huge chunks of food with my front teeth again will be great.

One thing for sure, I will take much better care of my teeth in the future than I have in the past.
2 Extractions 2nd November 2006
Brace On 10th November 2006
Top brace off 26 June 2008 (19 1/2 months)

Chris

#10 Post by Chris »

Well after mine come off its more dental work...implants, crowns, etc.

When THATS all done...then there's BILLS to pay.

When THATS all done...I'm going on a vacation.
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

nimo

#11 Post by nimo »

I've thought about getting crowns, but maybe I'll just get them whitened.
I haven't really changed my eating habits. I'm really just looking forward to not prying crud out of my mouth hours after I've eaten.
Braced on 17 Feb. 2006.
Five teeth extracted on March 9, 2006.
Canine exposure: February 7, 2007
lefort 3 March 7, 2008
TPA April 22, 2008
2 years 7 months in braces
braces off September 17, 2008

Spidey

#12 Post by Spidey »

I need to echo the whole biting into an apple thing. I MISS that.

My favourite snacks in the world~ popcorn, and raw baby carrots dipped in hummos. I have tried the popcorn thing~ but "careful" eating just doesn't give me the satisfaction...

For me, I have just begun this journey, however, I have already had my yearly school picture taken with the kids and what an INCREDIBLE difference already. The foods, I did have to alter the way I ate some things, but it is a very small price to pay for the transformation I already see

alexa

#13 Post by alexa »

I'm going to bite into an apple, and then I'm going to sigh a sigh of relief. 8)
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

iBorg

#14 Post by iBorg »

Do what I did the first time I had braces, CARMEL CORN.....then an apple.

This time I'll wear my retainer.

There won't be a next time!

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

Tin Indian

#15 Post by Tin Indian »

:D 1) LOTS of sweet corn on the cob
:D 2)Caramel corn w/nuts at the county fair
:D 3) Caramel apple w/nuts at the count fair
:D 4) Raw carrots and celery
:D 5) Smile,Smile,Smile
And last but not least a BRAND NEW HARLEY! 8)
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08