local university a good choice?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

suetemi

local university a good choice?

#1 Post by suetemi »

Hello all, have any of you recieved treatment at a local university/college of dentistry? I live within a mile of University of Illinois, which apparently has a (supposedly) strong dental program. I was thinking of maybe going there for an ortho/oral surgeon consult instead of a private practitioner. MOstly because it's close and because I don't have to go to separate places for an orthodontist and oral surgeon. What do you guys think?

Delag

#2 Post by Delag »

I have not gone to a dental school, but I do think it could be a good and inexpensive option. I would imagine there to be both pros and cons. The pros being lower cost, teacher supervision from really good doctors, and the most modern technology available. The cons, longer waits, a LOT of people staring at your teeth, not getting your choice over who your doctor is. Check it out and let us know!

osubeanbags

#3 Post by osubeanbags »

I've only had models and X-rays so far, but I'm getting my braces through the Ohio State University's dental school ... $2000 less than most others and it's very close, couldn't beat it. Let me know how it goes for you, I'm anxious to hear!