YAY, got my braces off today! (updated with before pictures)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

aznfayeth

YAY, got my braces off today! (updated with before pictures)

#1 Post by aznfayeth »

I finally got my upper braces off after 2 years! I went straight to my dentist afterward for cleaning off all the resin and bonding on one tooth. It was really short and skinny so there was a gap between it and the right canine. I'm going back on monday for teeth cleaning and 2 more fillings.

I really hate the retainer. It's impossible to talk or eat with it on. I think it's way uglier than having braces because the 2 wires are uneven looking.

It was really hard trying to find a pic of me showing my teeth cause I never smiled that way before braces. I had fang teeth cause I had 3 crooked canines.

First Day in Braces!

Braces off!

With braces on. You can see how skinny & short that tooth was before bonding.

Nice bonded tooth. Too bad I didnt get to take a pic of it before I got it bonded.

Ugly unbonded skinny tooth. Should I get it bonded like it's sibling? 200 bucks.

Got my ortho to shave my lower teeth and my upper canines to make them more even.

Before shaving my lower teeth

Ugly uneven retainer
Last edited by aznfayeth on Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
clarity top braces 12/5/04, debanded 1/3/07
bottom braces 4/17/05, debanded 11/26/06
hawley retainer for uppers,
bonded lower retainer

manglemouth

#2 Post by manglemouth »

Ok your post made me laugh :lol: "ugly uneven retainer"

Anyway your teeth look AWESOME!!!! I like what you did with your lower teeth, I think I will have that done too when I am all done (I didn't even start yet, have this whole journey ahead of me still). I actually think that your lateral teeth looked good, I would have left them just like that, but then on the other hand your dentist sure did a great job. You can't even tell it's fake and it just looks like perfection.

Congratulations, bet you smile alot now! I can't wait to show off a great smile like that someday! This would be me constantly: :D :D :D ...and then some more :D :D :D . Have lots of smiling to make up for!

Chris

#3 Post by Chris »

Congratulations...you have a beautiful smile!

:-)o :-)o :-)o :-)o :-)o
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

overseasmel

#4 Post by overseasmel »

Congrats!!! Your teeth look FANTASTIC!!

Braced 20 Nov 06. Sentenced to 18-30 months. Released 23 Feb 09 (27 months and 3 days).
Uppers: 3M Clarity Ceramic. Lowers: Damon 3MX.
SARPE 21 April 06 and 7.5 months in expander (on for 2 weeks before surgery), turning to a width of 14.5mm.

lionfish

#5 Post by lionfish »

Congrats, your teeth look fantastic.

alexa

#6 Post by alexa »

Wow! Your teeth look amazing! Congratulations! :D
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

SimInsomniac

#7 Post by SimInsomniac »

Beautiful result. You must be so pleased! Enjoy your freedom and good luck with the retainer.
Your results have pretty much made my mind up. I will shave my lowers down as well I think. :D
Damon 3 braces for 22.5 months.
30th August 2005 - 13th July 2007

Tasha0313

#8 Post by Tasha0313 »

Your teeth are so pretty aznfayeth!! They look awesome, I bet you're all excited huh?? The bonding that was done looks great too, I never would have been able to tell.

The whole retainer thing will get better! It may be ugly and uneven, but it's going to keep your smile as beautiful as it is now!

aznfayeth

#9 Post by aznfayeth »

thanks everyone for the compliments. I do love being able to take out the retainers to eat and not having to worry about tons of food getting stuck to my braces, hehe.

My ortho said that I have to wear the retainers 24/7 but it is impossible not to cheat a little, hehe. I even hate drinking with it on cause some of the liquid gets btw the retainer and my hard palate and I have to "suck" the liquid out. I wonder if it's cause it's not fitted properly since I had the impression done like 4 months before I got debanded.

I'm going back for a checkup in 6 months and hopefully I would only have to wear them at night only from then on. :D
bonded lower retainer

iBorg

#10 Post by iBorg »

I hate to say it but your pics make me think of a Barry Manilow song, "Looks like we made it."

They look great!

Congrats

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

chrisd

#11 Post by chrisd »

wow!! they look fantastic. and that retainer does not look bad at all. i am sure you 'll get used to it in no time.

i am glad to hear that the bonding went well. i am going to need my lateral incisors bonded as well
chris
http://community.webshots.com/user/cruelcanbekind
3m clarity on top changed to supertorque metal
3m victory metals bottom
estimated treatment time 16-20 months

ngbraces

#12 Post by ngbraces »

aznfayeth,

Congratulations! Your teeth look fantastic! And you have a Hollywood smile!

:-)o :jump: :thumbsup:

starryadora

#13 Post by starryadora »

congrats on your new smile! :)

*~Currently retained in:
-Upper and Lower bonded retainers
-Upper QCM Hawley
-Damon Splint (night)
-Postitioner (as needed)

~*Orthodontic Assistant*~

aznfayeth

#14 Post by aznfayeth »

Thanks, I'm actually getting used to the retainer and I dont lisp that badly anymore. I still have trouble with the s sound, hehe. A little food still gets stuck in my teeth sometimes when I eat...spaces?
bonded lower retainer

Granola

#15 Post by Granola »

What amazing results--your teeth really look fantastic!
Uppers placed 2/8/06--Inspire ICE ceramics
Lower (stainless) placed 2/23/06
Treatment time: 17 months (estimated was 12-18 months)
Debonded: July 11th, 2007
Next appointment: June 2008 for retainer & nightguard check