Ramblings

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

SnoopCat

Ramblings

#1 Post by SnoopCat »

Hi -

I know I'm not much of a poster, but I just wanted to say that this is my 1-yr anniversary in braces (which, holy crap, that went by fast!) and a year ago tonight I was FREAKING OUT about what I'd done to myself. But after the initial remorse, I was fine. And for all those who are on the fence or approaching B-day, please, I'm telling you, JUST DO IT. You will be so happy you did. I will admit, some days are worse than others, but most days are FINE, and I feel SO much better about myself.

And, funnily enough, I was at a happy hour event tonight and met a girl with braces (ceramics, like mine) and while you could tell she had them, she looked totally normal. (What I mean is, sometimes I feel really self-conscious and think I look like a freak. So I'm glad to know I don't. At least not because of the braces.) So, anyway, thanks Archwired. Rock on!

lionfish

#2 Post by lionfish »

I'm a month behind you and feel similarly. I was also a mess leading up to starting treatment, but once I got going I was fine. Almost a year later, there are no regrets.