Ready for a New Adventure!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

GracieG.

Ready for a New Adventure!

#1 Post by GracieG. »

Hi everyone! I, like others, have been coming to this site for some time now, getting as much information as I can about braces (and also gathering some courage!) I'm 26 and have been quite unhappy with my smile for a while now and have finally decided to take the plunge and do something about it!

I went to a consultation yesterday and I got the ball rolling. I was sooooo incredibly nervous about it..i'm thinking that maybe it's because I had finally made up my mind about it, but I was afraid I would get discouraging news, or maybe couldn't afford it. To my surprise, it's not going to be as bad as I had imagined! 1.5 years they tell me, and I want ceramics on top, metal on bottom. I decided to just do it and I am getting braced next Thursday the 11th!!

Now that I've decided on doing this, I'm mostly just excited and not as nervous anymore...I'm sure I will have my ups and downs, and this post may be more enthusiastic than this time next week, but I am sure it will all be worth it! I look forward to getting to know all of you and getting/giving support! Once I figure out the picture thing I'll try to post more. Thanks in advance for your support! :)

dawnm

#2 Post by dawnm »

Good luck!

You sound exactly like me...except I'm getting mine on Feb 1 (and I'm a little older than you!) I'll be looking forward to hearing how it goes for you on the 11th!!

platinum

#3 Post by platinum »

Wow!! That was fast!

I had my consultation on December, I will have my records taken 01/10.
I will have one cavity to be filled on 01/17. So I will get braces probably in the begining of February.

Good luck!

lionfish

#4 Post by lionfish »

Good luck gracie, and look forward to hearing more. You will find that 18 months pass very quickly.

jennielee81

#5 Post by jennielee81 »

Great!! Sounds a lot like me! Started looking on here, got up my courage, went to the ortho, found out it would take less time than I imagined....got it started.

Next thing I know, it's almost debonding day! :-*

Welcome aboard!! Image
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

GracieG.

#6 Post by GracieG. »

Thank you all for your positive replies! I'm a little nervous about next Thursday, but mostly I'm still just really excited! All I know is that I want to make a real effort to not let the next 18 + or - months change the way I'm going to live my life-mostly i mean socially..the only thing that makes me nervous is going out with my friends, meeting new people, etc...but i know it will totally be worth it in the end. I have always said that if i could change one thing about myself, it would be my smile. Now that I am doing it, it feels like I have won some sort of prize! As I have read, attitude is everything!!!!!! :wink: