1st adjustment and surviving flu! *pics*

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Amy19

1st adjustment and surviving flu! *pics*

#1 Post by Amy19 »

Hey

I decided to go to my appointment, i luckily didn't look too much like death that day so i dont think my ortho noticed. Everything went ok, she said there was loads of movement and that all she was going to do was put a thicker wire in. Question though? she put a flat wire on my uppers does anyone know what that does? and on most of my teeth my ligs are in a form on an 8, does anyone know what this means?

I didn't ask her these questions because i kind of rushed out of there so i didnt cough everywhere haha! i have attached some pics from when i had them put on and now pink ligs yey!

2nd week

now

hope everyone is well :D

Amy x

Lisa65

#2 Post by Lisa65 »

The rectangular wires are for tipping teeth. Because it can't spin in the bracket the way a round wire does, it exerts more precise forces at the points where it's needed.

My ortho has always used figure of 8 ligs on me, and until I noticed other people's pics on here I thought that was the norm. I guess it gives a tighter fit between wire and bracket.

Your teeth look fab and I'm glad you're starting to feel better. Flu is awful and it can take so long to really feel 100% again. I'd definitely recommend a flu jab for next winter :wink: