Who has had the most spacers at one time?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

MsViola

Who has had the most spacers at one time?

#1 Post by MsViola »

They are so small but they can really change your life. As of today I have 6. Tomorrow the total will be 8.

MsViola

SDFD TSchott

#2 Post by SDFD TSchott »

The total for me was only 4!

SDFD TSchott
(~Tim~)

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

TheSarahMonster

#3 Post by TheSarahMonster »

I had 8 at once before I got my molar distalization appliance. I have 4 bands on top to hold the appliance...so before I got them I had 8 spacers....

Right now I have the bottom spacers in (only 4 this time) because I'm getting my braces next week. Spacers never bothered me really. It just kinda feels like food's stuck between my teeth or something, and that feeling only lasts a few days if that......

MsViola

#4 Post by MsViola »

I am jealous of those who have had an easy time with spacers. Maybe mine have been so hard to adjust to because of where they are placed (basically all over). It makes it hard to find a surface to chew on that does not cause the spacers to be ground into my gums when I chew. I am ready for the braces!! Thanks to this site I know it will get better.

MsViola

cowlypso

#5 Post by cowlypso »

I ended up with an odd number because of my asymmetric extractions. I got 3 first premolars out, but one second premolar out. So in 3 quadrants I have 2 spacers each, and in the fourth quadrant I only have 1 spacer. My total number of spacers, then, is 7.

I guess I have big teeth, because the spacers aren't digging into my gums at all. Just making my teeth hurt. But as long as I don't chew, I'm okay. :roll: Soup, oatmeal, scrambled eggs, muffins...

alexa

#6 Post by alexa »

I had 8 spacers before I was braced.

But I've had spacers 3 other times. :roll:
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

Lisa65

#7 Post by Lisa65 »

I had 8 the first time and 4 the second time :D

jaswi

#8 Post by jaswi »

8 on top, then later 8 on bottom, then 3 more rubber+1 metal on bottom, then metal removed for rubber on bottom... I've had my share..

susieq182

#9 Post by susieq182 »

i hate spavers i had them between each tooth of my lower arch for the first 10 weeks of my treatment to help move my crowded teeth i am convinced my ortho is the only one who deos this. the good news was i didnt have an spacers on my upper arch ever because i had room up there even for my bands to go in.
Extract #3 6/07 implant 10/07
Upper Molar bands
Bite Plate 12/12/05-5/20/06
spacers all lower arch first 10 weeks
Braced 12/12/05
New ortho 2/8/07

turrrtlelove22

#10 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

I had a 5 rubber and 3 metal...8 in all...blasted tiny torture devices... :twisted: ....LOL
LiFe iS A HoOt iF You arE aN oWL...O.o

Sept. 28 ~ Consult with Orthodontist
Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

SecondTimer

#11 Post by SecondTimer »

My first treatment was back when they used to use bands on every tooth. I had 26 spacers and yes, it was painful. I only had 8 spacers the second time around.

aggiechick

#12 Post by aggiechick »

I have 9 rubber spacers -- three in each quadrant. I get my braces tomorrow morning. I can't wait to get rid of these spacers, especially since I've had them on since 12/27.

MsViola

#13 Post by MsViola »

Good luck Aggiechick. Pamper yourself tomorrow.

lionfish

#14 Post by lionfish »

KK wrote:None ... my ortho use buccal molar brackets, and therefore you don't need spacers! :banana:
Ditto. And I don't regret not having had the spacers' experience either!!

Amburly

#15 Post by Amburly »

I had 14!!!

6 on bottom and 8 on top. I have an RPE so room needed to be made for the 4 bands on the top. I had my spacers in for a total of 15 days and right in the middle of that time it was Thanksgiving. Lets just say that spacers were not one thing that I was thankful for last year.

And trust me, it was torture. I don't think I could have agreed for anymore than I had.