Loose wire

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jodie

Loose wire

#1 Post by jodie »

Hi everyone.
I got braces just over 3 weeks ago and have my first adjustment next Monday 15/01/07.
I just brushed my teeth after eating my lunch and noticed the wire on my top arch is quite loose. I can tell as I have a large gap after an extraction and the wire is direct onto a tooth.
My problem is my denstist/ortho is on annual leace and gets back on the 15/01/07. Will this be OK if I leave it and brush gently around the wire.
Jodie :?: :?:

lionfish

#2 Post by lionfish »

It should be OK, Jodie. I recall that I had the same issue with my first wire which moved around a bit between the two last brackets.

jodie

#3 Post by jodie »

Thanks so much.
I thinks cause it still all fairly new, I am getting a little worried I may be doing something wrong.

Had a fairly uneventful 3 weeks. Back to eating anything so its great.

lionfish

#4 Post by lionfish »

That's great, Jodie, especially at this time of year.