Somethings come off..help please!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

nick_uk

Somethings come off..help please!!

#1 Post by nick_uk »

Hello. Well im a few days before my uni exams, and so REALLY didnt need need this to happen!

Im not sure what its called, but a short elastic-band type thingy has come off. It ran parallel and just above the wire, and covered the space between a gap.

Whats this thing called? How urgent is it that I get it replaced? I live an hour away from where I get my treatment done, so would be more than happy to wait if its not going to change much!

Thanks.
Click here to make an annoying clicky noise

Medical Student, Braced since December 2004

SimInsomniac

#2 Post by SimInsomniac »

My advice would be to ring your ortho as soon as possible and explain the problem. He/she could tell you how urgent it is, and what to do. But exams come first of course.
Hope it's not too bad.

Sim
Damon 3 braces for 22.5 months.
30th August 2005 - 13th July 2007

macca

#3 Post by macca »

I agree with SimInsomniac, you should ask your ortho for advice. Better safe than sorry or it could lengthen your treatment time if it's necessary to have it put back straight away and you leave it.

nick_uk

#4 Post by nick_uk »

Yeh ok..i'll call tomorrow! Thanks :)
Click here to make an annoying clicky noise

Medical Student, Braced since December 2004