Favorite Lip Balm?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

BracesAgain

Favorite Lip Balm?

#1 Post by BracesAgain »

What is your favorite lip balm to moisturize your lips and prevent cracking during adjustments? Thanks :)

Tin Indian

#2 Post by Tin Indian »

My favorite is Carmex Spearmint flavored moisturizing with SPF sunscreen.
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08

LucyVanity

#3 Post by LucyVanity »

My lips don't crack as long as I have some form of lip balm on. The type doesn't really matter. My regular dentist actually gives her patients minty lip balm, and I got some from my oral surgeon too, so I'm use those right now. Teatree mint is great XD

ellebee

#4 Post by ellebee »

Some no-name brand in a tube with Vitamin E from GNC. Very convenient. Colorless and unscented so you can apply it constantly without even having to look in a mirror.

I use Carmex in a pot at bedtime.

I also use Bath & Body Works C.O. Bigelow with almond oil in a squeeze tube, the white tube with black and blue writing.

And I top it all off with shimmer lip gloss.

:)

Elle

Oh, one I can't stand is Burts Bees. It has a waxy unnatural taste.
Spacers, Nov. 1; Braced Nov. 8, 2006; Braces off March 26, 2008, just short of 17 months. Glad it's over but the jury is still out on whether the game was worth the candle.

MsViola

#5 Post by MsViola »

:o I love Burts Bee
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

1/17/07 - Upper (Clear) & Lower (Metal - self ligatating) Braces
Estimated treatment time = 30-36 months

JumpTheDitch

#6 Post by JumpTheDitch »

Blistex's original, the one in the little pot.

Doesn't go yukky-white at the corners of your mouth when it dries (like some :yuck:), and has that lovely cocoa butter scent. Mmmm! :D

sOofemme

#7 Post by sOofemme »

I love my little tube of vaseline or carmex.

gunter8888

#8 Post by gunter8888 »

Gotta throw in another vote for Carmex. Been using it for years - especially during the chilly, dry winters here. Works wonders!
Expander in 8/9/06
Lowers on 11/30/06
Uppers on / Expander gone on 1/31/2007
Class III elastics added 3/14/2007
Expander #2 - 6/27/2007
20-24 months w/ fixed metal braces

Nille

#9 Post by Nille »

I LOVE Burt's Bees!
Full metal mouth! 5-23-06
Estimated time: 12-18 months!

LucyVanity

#10 Post by LucyVanity »

Forgot to mention... Burt's isn't my favorite, but it's awesome!

cowlypso

#11 Post by cowlypso »

My lips went absolutely haywire after I got my brackets, so I've tried several things in the past two weeks...

Original chapstick: my old standby failed me... :(

Conditioning chapstick (blue tube): great for multiple daily uses when things are just a little dry, but not horribly painful

Blistex medicated: great for painful lips, very cool sensation!

Carmex: very good for healing, but I find that it burns a little when I put it on very tender lips

Blistex lip protecting ointment: I use it every night... burns and then cools, but does wonders for keeping my lips in good shape

looloog

#12 Post by looloog »

I recently got the mint and cinnamon lip balm from bath and body works (they come in a red tube, or just mint comes in a green tube) I really like it and its supposed to freshen breath too.

Burts Bees is also a good choice!

Jembrace

#13 Post by Jembrace »

I use Carmex in the tube, but I've also used Blistex sticks and love them, too! It's so dry here in Colorado that I'm always using lip balm and moisturizers. Yes, I do drink lots of water, too!

Jembrace
1st wire change June 2007

~No dream is ever lost if we never cease to try~
Moody Blues

brandee987

#14 Post by brandee987 »

I am so totally addicted to chapstick! I sleep with chapstick under my pillow!! If I wake during the night I will reach and put more on!! I am not too picky about what kind, but I found some that I LOVE from a website www.faceofthewave.com Their chapstick is so smooth and not waxy. My fave is a flavor called vanilla banilla. Alot of times I will just use vaseline too. :D
Ceramic Upper braces: November 29, 2005
Metal Lowers go on: March 7th, 2006

Stich

#15 Post by Stich »

Aveeno has a really great balm that I have just discovered.

Becky