Are teeth moving even when they don't hurt?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

KatK

Are teeth moving even when they don't hurt?

#1 Post by KatK »

this has probably been asked before... so sorry if it's a repeat... couldn't find it inthe search.
~ Pendulum on December 1st
~ Damon lowers March 27
~ PENDULUM OFF MAY 22nd!
~ Palatal Bar installed May 22nd..
~ Damon clear uppers May 22 too!

jennielee81

#2 Post by jennielee81 »

Maryaten is absolutely right...AGAIN! :thumbsup:

If you want to hear my experience: My teeth would hurt for a few days and then not at all and it was amazing to see the movement early on especially when there was no pain!
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

maple

#3 Post by maple »

Some discomfort me, but no real pain.
I was ready to take some advil if needed, but I never had to do that.
I agree, no pain no gain, doesn't apply.

My teeth are moving as expected.

KatK

#4 Post by KatK »

yay!! I was getting depressed because i rarely have any pain.... i just have a pendulum right now, so i can't really see the movement because it's hidden in the back of my mouth.... i can't wait until the space is created so i can get my braces on all my teeth! :) thanks! :)
~ Damon lowers March 27
~ PENDULUM OFF MAY 22nd!

BracedBelle

#5 Post by BracedBelle »

KatK wrote:yay!! I was getting depressed because i rarely have any pain....
I don't think anyone has uttered this phrase before! :wink:

KatK

#6 Post by KatK »

hahaha... ok you caught me having a drink and posting. Did i actually say i was depressed because there was no pain??? :) :roll:
~ Damon lowers March 27
~ PENDULUM OFF MAY 22nd!

looloog

#7 Post by looloog »

Good question, ive had mine for a week and was going to ask that as well.
WIth me, I notice even in the course of one day the pain may come and go. When I got home from work, my teeth were sore, I thought I wouldnt be able to chew, however, I just had a bowl of cereal (and not to mushy) and i felt nothing.....im learning these things have a mind of their own!

LucyQ99

#8 Post by LucyQ99 »

I had the same question after my first adjustment...thinking that after the pain subsided that was it until the next adjustment, boy was I wrong!

I'm finding improvements all the time (with no discomfort associated with it), so just keep watching (even when you don't feel pain).

:tingrin: